Gooood morning!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's almost 4:10am here..

I'm about to head to the barn and feed the horses there,then get on the tractor and head up the mountain with some bails and feed the cows and horses up there..

My husband is working out of state for the weekend and rest of the week..So I'll probably see what's going on in town this weekend..

I'd probably go into Nashville tonight but we've still got a mare in the barn that hasn't had her colt yet..So I have to stick close to home..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Benjamin Opel said:

Just gone 9:12am here in the UK.

I'm about to drive to the beach for the day, really looking forward to it actually. What do you guys have planned!?

That sounds potentially blissful, as long as you didn't get caught in the sharp heavy cloudburst we had here at around 10am (it'll give the vehicle a good wash). Fish and chips always taste better by the seaside. Looking forward to receiving an update when you get back to your computer, and hope you had a fab day.

If I was still living in Minehead, which is by the sea, and it was a non-working day (I used to work on the holiday camp there, so often worked overtime on Saturdays doing Meet and Greet, which was a lot of fun), I would have had a wander to the sea front, sat and watched the holidaymakers for a while, popped to see my old mate, Maureen, who would have done me some beans on toast (why does that always taste better when someone else cooks it for you? :) ), then I would have gone home via one of the shops, having purchased a selection of newspapers and no doubt some chocolate or ice cream.  

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's almost 4:10am here..

I'm about to head to the barn and feed the horses there,then get on the tractor and head up the mountain with some bails and feed the cows and horses up there..

My husband is working out of state for the weekend and rest of the week..So I'll probably see what's going on in town this weekend..

I'd probably go into Nashville tonight but we've still got a mare in the barn that hasn't had her colt yet..So I have to stick close to home..

That sounds like a good life - something worth getting up so early in the morning for.  Daylight is just starting to break here at 4.10am - is it daylight at that time where you are? 

I've currently got the best c o c k in the world on my shoulder (c o c k a t i e l / parakeet).  It is just gone midday here, very sunny at the moment, and hotter than 1976! Have had a bit of a tidy up in the garden, have had a cooling shower, am enjoying a full fat frothy milky coffee, and feel relaxed. 

Paradise - even just little pieces of it - can be found almost anywhere, if we choose to see them. I kind of wish I could teleport across to see what its like where Ceka is, and I definitely would gatecrash the OP at the seaside with me bucket and spade ;) . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

That sounds like a good life - something worth getting up so early in the morning for.  Daylight is just starting to break here at 4.10am - is it daylight at that time where you are? 

I've currently got the best c o c k in the world on my shoulder (c o c k a t i e l / parakeet).  It is just gone midday here, very sunny at the moment, and hotter than 1976! Have had a bit of a tidy up in the garden, have had a cooling shower, am enjoying a full fat frothy milky coffee, and feel relaxed. 

Paradise - even just little pieces of it - can be found almost anywhere, if we choose to see them. I kind of wish I could teleport across to see what its like where Ceka is, and I definitely would gatecrash the OP at the seaside with me bucket and spade ;) . 

I don't know what I would do with my time if I didn't have my babies to look forward to..I don't get to be around them as much as I used to since I started to work nights..

I only get to do the feeding on the weekends now since I get off work at 7:00am and miss the morning feed and am in bed before the 5pm feed..

But work knows that,if I have a colt is about to drop, I'm heading home..

Sun up around here today was at 5:35 am.. I like to get up top before the sun comes up,because they go by sun up and it's just easier to get the tractor through the gate on the cows side..They don't wait for it to hit the ground before they start eating..so I like to drop their bail and then get the horses..

The horses just sit back and watch until I set it where it's going..hehehehe

We get about two days out of a round bail,so i'll just drop some feed off later in the afternoon and check the bails in the morning..

Now if the colt is about to drop,then someone else will do the feeding.. Nobody but the doc and me are in there when that's going on..If something goes wrong,I want to be right there, to hold that responsibility..Otherwise I'll be doing the ,should of could of, thing in my head for a few days..I don't want that on anyone but me when it comes to my babies..

We've had a good season so far for colts..This will be our 3rd if all goes well,which we've been very fortunate for the last couple of years:)

I love birds also..My father had a Nanday conure which went with him everywhere.. He was really awesome and would run kisses over the whole edge of your ear with his beak..

Also ,if you were drinking something,his face would pop up in front of yours like,Hey mind if I have some? Then would grab a drink from your lips.. hehehehe

I always wanted to get one myself,but would have to see how my dogs react around one first..

And yes,paradise is everywhere..

I have a little corral in the back yard that we use to put some horses when we are riding or the doc is coming by just doing checkups on my personal ones..

I'll sit out there under this big oaks that shade it..They will reach their neck over the fence and lay their head right on your shoulder just wanting some love..

To me it just doesn't get any better than that..

For me,the bonds and connections we make with nature..That's my paradise..It's all worth every good and bad moment to get there..;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

That sounds potentially blissful, as long as you didn't get caught in the sharp heavy cloudburst we had here at around 10am (it'll give the vehicle a good wash).

I got added bonus thunder with my cloudburst this morning. No lightning, just a lot of rather epic growling, rumbling noise. I now have all the windows flung open around the house, a line full of laundry, and I'm waiting for my grocery delivery which is due any minute (lazy sod, me). I have to work Sunday and Monday, so I'm just kicking back and enjoying my one-day weekend.

Have a great time at the beach, Benjamin :) 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I got added bonus thunder with my cloudburst this morning. No lightning, just a lot of rather epic growling, rumbling noise. I now have all the windows flung open around the house, a line full of laundry, and I'm waiting for my grocery delivery which is due any minute (lazy sod, me). I have to work Sunday and Monday, so I'm just kicking back and enjoying my one-day weekend.

Oh that has to be really nice,Grocery delivery..

I heard the stores in town used to do that..I wonder why they ever stopped such a nice thing like that?

I would love to be able to call the store and have them drop mine off..

I'm in envy..

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I heard the stores in town used to do that..I wonder why they ever stopped such a nice thing like that?

I'm in envy..

Most of the larger grocery stores here in the UK offer a choice of delivery or click & collect (order online and pick up in-store). It's really convenient if you don't live near enough, or can't get to the store for any particular reason. Delivery usually involves a small fee (which scales according to what day and time you want to receive your items), but some of the stores offer saver deals whereby you pay a fixed amount per month (something small, like £6 or so) and can have unlimited deliveries, no matter which day. There's usually a minimum order amount for delivery. Most stores have that set at £40.

• Like 4

I get up at 5:00 am during the week, but like Ivanova I sleep in on the weekends - usually getting up somewhere from 7:30-8:30.  Then I'm lazy at the computer, drinking coffee, for another hour or two.

Memorial weekend is usually the beginning of most outdoor yard work in Colorado (USA), as the end of May is typicaly the marker for "no more snow" (unless you are up in the mountains).  That means I have a lot of things in the yard that I need to get to this weekend, but we have a pretty good chance of storms today and Monday.  It will be interesting to see if I'm able to actually get much done outside.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm in envy..

Amazon does grocery delivery in the US now and the Denver area was just recently added to the list of cities covered.  I've not actually tried it yet though.  My son uses it down in Texas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't know what I would do with my time if I didn't have my babies to look forward to..I don't get to be around them as much as I used to since I started to work nights..

I only get to do the feeding on the weekends now since I get off work at 7:00am and miss the morning feed and am in bed before the 5pm feed..

But work knows that,if I have a colt is about to drop, I'm heading home..

Sun up around here today was at 5:35 am.. I like to get up top before the sun comes up,because they go by sun up and it's just easier to get the tractor through the gate on the cows side..They don't wait for it to hit the ground before they start eating..so I like to drop their bail and then get the horses..

The horses just sit back and watch until I set it where it's going..hehehehe

We get about two days out of a round bail,so i'll just drop some feed off later in the afternoon and check the bails in the morning..

Now if the colt is about to drop,then someone else will do the feeding.. Nobody but the doc and me are in there when that's going on..If something goes wrong,I want to be right there, to hold that responsibility..Otherwise I'll be doing the ,should of could of, thing in my head for a few days..I don't want that on anyone but me when it comes to my babies..

We've had a good season so far for colts..This will be our 3rd if all goes well,which we've been very fortunate for the last couple of years:)

I love birds also..My father had a Nanday conure which went with him everywhere.. He was really awesome and would run kisses over the whole edge of your ear with his beak..

Also ,if you were drinking something,his face would pop up in front of yours like,Hey mind if I have some? Then would grab a drink from your lips.. hehehehe

I always wanted to get one myself,but would have to see how my dogs react around one first..

And yes,paradise is everywhere..

I have a little corral in the back yard that we use to put some horses when we are riding or the doc is coming by just doing checkups on my personal ones..

I'll sit out there under this big oaks that shade it..They will reach their neck over the fence and lay their head right on your shoulder just wanting some love..

To me it just doesn't get any better than that..

For me,the bonds and connections we make with nature..That's my paradise..It's all worth every good and bad moment to get there..;)

For sure I felt a sense of calm when reading your post. Animals make me feel so humble. Humans are meant to be the intelligent species, but cause so much harm overall. 

My (my brother's) pet c o c k a tiel may have some similar traits to your father's Nanday conure; he will peck gently like he is kissing at the back of my ear or neck, and make very cute little noises, but he dislikes me drinking, and will hiss and stamp his feet whenever I take a swig of whatever I am drinking. Still cute though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Lazy  practical sod, you :P . We have shopping delivered - sometimes twice a week. Gives you time to get on with so much other more enjoyable stuff than be feeling lettuces and fighting with the great unwashed in the supermarket. 

It dulled over here for a little while, but disappointingly no thunder, no lightning. Maybe later - and I look forward to some fresher air coming in. 

I wonder how big Ben's sandcastle has got so far - hope it's a big 'un :D 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I get up at 5:00 am during the week, but like Ivanova I sleep in on the weekends - usually getting up somewhere from 7:30-8:30.  Then I'm lazy at the computer, drinking coffee, for another hour or two.

Memorial weekend is usually the beginning of most outdoor yard work in Colorado (USA), as the end of May is typicaly the marker for "no more snow" (unless you are up in the mountains).  That means I have a lot of things in the yard that I need to get to this weekend, but we have a pretty good chance of storms today and Monday.  It will be interesting to see if I'm able to actually get much done outside.

"no more snow" ?! 

What temperatures do you have at the moment?  

I feel it is hotter here in the UK than 1976 (the only year that I actually looked like I had got a sun tan).

Edited by Marigold Devin
Brits - obsessed with the weather.
  • Like 1

"no more snow" ?! 

What temperatures do you have at the moment?  

I feel it is hotter here in the UK than 1976 (the only year that I actually looked like I had got a sun tan).

Currently it is 52F - 11C - and our high today will get to about 57F - 14C - with rain and thunderstorms.  However, our normal high for this time of year is 78F - 25C.

We had a snowstorm just last week - Thu into Fri - that gave us 3-5" (7.5-12.5 cm)of snow at the house, but dumped anywhere from 2 to 4 feet (0.5-1.25 meters) in the foothills and mountains.  I live about 15-20 minutes from the true foothills and about 45 min from the mountains.

ETA:  I realized I had provide the Celsius equiv of Fahrenheit, but forgot to convert the inches/feet to metric also (for the rest of the world outside of the US)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Currently it is 52F - 11C - and our high today will get to about 57F - 14C - with rain and thunderstorms.  However, our normal high for this time of year is 78F - 25C.

We had a snowstorm just last week - Thu into Fri - that gave us 3-5" of snow at the house, but dumped anywhere from 2 to 4 feet in the foothills and mountains.  I live about 15-20 minutes from the true foothills and about 45 min from the mountains.

I could teleport to the OP and build a sandcastle (unless he's gone to a pebbled beach - which I don't think he will have) - Skegvegas? Cleggy? 

LittleMe, I could teleport to slightly higher ground to where you are and maybe build a snowman.

Now that would be an interesting day (adds to bucket list). 

I am loving hearing about where everyone lives, climate, activities. 

• Like 1

LittleMe, I could teleport to slightly higher ground to where you are and maybe build a snowman.

You could definitely make a snowman.  Here are the web cams at the one ski resort that is still open - they sometimes manage to stay open until early July.
http://arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/snow-conditions/web-cams.aspx

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

That sounds potentially blissful, as long as you didn't get caught in the sharp heavy cloudburst we had here at around 10am (it'll give the vehicle a good wash). Fish and chips always taste better by the seaside. Looking forward to receiving an update when you get back to your computer, and hope you had a fab day.

If I was still living in Minehead, which is by the sea, and it was a non-working day (I used to work on the holiday camp there, so often worked overtime on Saturdays doing Meet and Greet, which was a lot of fun), I would have had a wander to the sea front, sat and watched the holidaymakers for a while, popped to see my old mate, Maureen, who would have done me some beans on toast (why does that always taste better when someone else cooks it for you? :) ), then I would have gone home via one of the shops, having purchased a selection of newspapers and no doubt some chocolate or ice cream.  

My day was great, REALLY busy at the beach today, walked around 12 miles, had fish and chips and then headed home!

Wow.. that sounds amazing!

Edited by Benjamin Opel
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Most of the larger grocery stores here in the UK offer a choice of delivery or click & collect (order online and pick up in-store). It's really convenient if you don't live near enough, or can't get to the store for any particular reason. Delivery usually involves a small fee (which scales according to what day and time you want to receive your items), but some of the stores offer saver deals whereby you pay a fixed amount per month (something small, like £6 or so) and can have unlimited deliveries, no matter which day. There's usually a minimum order amount for delivery. Most stores have that set at £40.

My local grocery store here in the States delivers too. Best thing ever.

However,... today i woke up and after I had my coffee I went to the grocery store to get a few things. I made a meatloaf for dinner and while that cooked i played around in sl for a bit. All the dishes are now done and i'm now entertaining a nap on the couch with the dog. Later tonight i will head inworld again and make potato salad for tomorrows cookout.

• Like 2

This week is summer in the UK. We get one week per year, so everyone is out dancing around the maypole, chanting ancient songs. Tomorrow, we kill a goat in Trafalgar Square as a sacrifice to the Sun God. Needless to say, I'm out in the park daily.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Amazon does grocery delivery in the US now and the Denver area was just recently added to the list of cities covered.  I've not actually tried it yet though.  My son uses it down in Texas.

I use Amazon Prime Now, they will deliver anything you need within two-four hours, no charge, but you can tip the driver. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I use Amazon Prime Now, they will deliver anything you need within two-four hours, no charge, but you can tip the driver. 

That's what it is.  I had just heard on the radio the other day that they finally added this area, whereas my son has been using it for close to a year.  I do have Amazon Prime, just haven't checked into this service yet.

56 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I had Amazon Prime for the whole past year..I never used it that whole time..

What was nice of them was,The day before my next year was due,I canceled.

They ended up giving my whole years subscription fee back..It was like $108.00 USD,if I remember right..

I never expected them to do that..I was very shocked actually and impressed,because I just never really had a company do anything like that before..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I had Amazon Prime for the whole past year..I never used it that whole time..

What was nice of them was,The day before my next year was due,I canceled.

They ended up giving my whole years subscription fee back..It was like $108.00 USD,if I remember right..

I never expected them to do that..I was very shocked actually and impressed,because I just never really had a company do anything like that before..

Wow - I would not have expected that either. 

My husband and I live on Amazon.  We look there first for anything we cannot get at the grocery store or Home Depot.  We probably recoup the membership fee from saved shipping costs in the first few months of each year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow - I would not have expected that either. 

My husband and I live on Amazon.  We look there first for anything we cannot get at the grocery store or Home Depot.  We probably recoup the membership fee from saved shipping costs in the first few months of each year.

I think maybe because I didn't use it at all may have been why..

Still I just wrote that money as used already..Although I think I did use it..I mean you have to have Prime to watch the movies ,right?

I remember watching Chiraq on there.. But that was it..

Since I never really looked into all this stuff they can do,I may end up getting it back..

They may not have actually had all these things they have now either back then..

More than likely it was me just not knowing how neat it actually is..hehehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.