Who spends more?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm one of those people that don't log every day, that don't have a house with furniture rezzed and walk around wearing same outfit for at least a week :P I buy houses and skyboxes and stuff "for when I shoot and need to build scenes", many times I bought double items just because I forgot I bought it the first time. I can honestly say I have no idea whats in my inventory and not sure will I ever manage to make it nice and neat... Maybe if I lock myself somewhere and be all alone for month or two and need to be there all day lol.

I like to spend money in SL because, unline RL, I don't have to search for discounts and best offer. If I go on event I'll buy everything I like. In stores its different, I go there when I need. 

But how much spending are we talking about? More or less than 50k a month? I think thats my range... 

• Like 1

I'm a homeowner, but MOST of what I spend is on getting outfits ready for events at clubs that I either visit or work at.

In RL, you can write off clothing that you buy for work  as an Expense on your taxes - not so in SL......

When you Host or DJ (or Dance for that matter) you wind up having to keep your avatar updated and your wardrobe in a constant state of flux.  If you host or DJ at fetish clubs, that can be VERY interesting :-) Disclosure; that's no a sacrifice for me. I was blessed with a broad kinky streak and would probably buy most of that anyway.....

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1

On 2017-5-27 at 5:13 PM, Aethelwine said:

Ohh and where do vehicles fit in.... I must have over a hundred bikes cars and boats most of those will be 2000L$ or more. I have spent probably 200,000L$ on full perm bike parts.

Hehe I have a huge list of boats and planes, one of the boats being 20K, most being 3K.

But yes, as a sim builder one has to have the entire stocks of Heart, Skye, Botanical, Fanatik, HPD, Cool, Naima and ugh so many more I can't list them all. And teir on top, not so bad now I have 100% tennancy, but when not, paying the shortfall on sims in my estate.

And a shapeshifter to boot, so I have mesh bodies from all the adults - which means mostly seperate wardrobes for Slink, Adam, Belleza, Aesthetic, TMP, SMB, and then my wonderful twi wolf, and wonderful bento horse.

Monthly events for the club, and each needing a new set (I have my eyes on a 20K theatre for an upcoming event)

I'd also put sim designers at the top of the splash money around list.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.