Who spends more?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Who spends more in SL? A homeowner? Or a fashionista? Or is there another category that spends more lindens than either? A merchant?

Breedables? Gachas? In-world gaming?

Edited by Bree Giffen
Add other categories

I would think the fashionista's do. While there are homeowner based events around that are specific too, they are not nearly as common as those dedicated to clothing and accessories. At mixed events there is a much higher ratio of clothing and accessory booths in comparison to home furnishings.

• Like 3

Yes, I will vote for fashionistas also. Event groups for only H and G (House and Garden) don't do well historically and frequently are short lived. Reasonably EVERYONE needs clothes and shoes and hair etc, where only some folks  need household items. I would expect poses and animations to be further down on the needs list than H and G and they are usually represented the least in mixed venues -- at least the ones I have been in.  

• Like 2

When I have a home in SL, I buy home stuff. And a lot. For instance, the house came with a kitchen and bath. I replaced both, but bought 2 bath sets and used the sinks from one with the with the bathtub from the other. And flowers. So many flowers. I have lots and lots, much more that I use.

Since it is a long time between I have land, I buy almost everything new.  Looks better and lower LI.

Now I don't remember when I changed clothes. I have worn the same outfit so long.

I think I leave the land any time now. I need to spend time in my RL garden. Then when I log in, I will shop for the avatars instead.

So over time, I spend many more times on avatars.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

I just like to shop..I have the market open just about the whole time I'm in SL..The second something comes to mind I'm searching for it..

could be animations ,clothes accessories,gadgets,..for the most part though it's clothes and things for my avatar..

I'll look in the ,your avatar section to see if anyone is looking for anything that they are having a hard time finding..

I love trying to find those things and giving them the link..Plus the things I find for myself along that way while looking..

Maybe it's the hunt,I don't know..but I just love to shop..

hehehe

• Like 5

Can't forget about Breedables and in-world Game systems. I know people who have spent/lost incredible amounts of money whether it was with "Skilled Gaming", assorted breedable markets, or any game systems built inworld that require spending money to play (pyramid schemes, bloodlines, life, etc.). I think these groups might even spend MORE than clothing/home shoppers, but I suppose it all can become an addiction -_-

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SAULGOODiE said:

Can't forget about Breedables and in-world Game systems. I know people who have spent/lost incredible amounts of money whether it was with "Skilled Gaming", assorted breedable markets, or any game systems built inworld that require spending money to play (pyramid schemes, bloodlines, life, etc.). I think these groups might even spend MORE than clothing/home shoppers, but I suppose it all can become an addiction -_-

Yes I was going to mention the gambling of long ago. Don't really know anything about the skilled gaming.

But I am thinking that while the breedables folks may not be in the majority of the population that they spend more per avatar  than the average fashionista.  So good call there. 

• Like 2

Personally, I spend about 50/50 on home/ home furnishings vs fashion/accessories. I probably have enough homes in my inventory to live in a new one every day for a month or more. I think, like Ceka, I just love to shop!!! 

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 1

I'm not a big shopper and there are a lot of events I don't go to.  I tend to shop in spurts, either clothes/shoes/hair or houses/furnishings/landscaping items.  Overall though, I probably spend slightly more on clothing than on housing/furnishings.    

• Like 1

A single fatpack from any major brand pays half my monthly rental fee.

My mainland is another story. I own about 16,000m of mainland. I think I pay about 60-80 / month on that.

I'm an SL nudist, and I can easily outspend that on outfits... outfits that don't even include actual clothes... O.o

Decorating an SL home has a lot of one time costs. But even an extensively "animated" bed for a sex-freak... is less than 2 fatpacks at a monthly event...
- and once you have your furniture all bought, it only gets replaced every so often... Like when that other neighbor has better sex-poses than you... :ph34r:

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

I was thinking that homeowners would buy a lot of furniture initially and then have the monthly land payment/rental. For me, clothes and avatar accessories drain the SL account faster than rent. Gambling was a big problem in SL's past but I think it has been dealt with.

• Like 1

I need a table for my house and I buy a table and that table sits there as long as I have that house, and it might even get drug out of inventory for some new house in the future. I buy a dress, wear it that day, and tomorrow I look at my inventory and think, I don't have any new dresses I need to buy one.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I buy a dress, wear it that day, and tomorrow I look at my inventory and think, I don't have any new dresses I need to buy one.

Yep, every day deserves a new outfit.  That has been my dressing philosophy since day one. 

• Like 3

When you count all the things that go on or affect the avatar directly (clothes, accessories, animations and of course body's and body parts) I am sure that I am now spending more on fashion. I rent a relatively modest  parcel on a private estate so that, combined with the fee new housewares I buy is pretty insignificant comparitivly. 

That said, when I had my estate and was buying regions and in the months I was not fully rented my land costs far exceeded what I pay in clothes now. 

So I think it depends. For me now it is definitely spending on my avatar.

• Like 2

I only just rented my first SL home yesterday, so I have no actual experience to go by. But judging by my RL, I'd say I'll probably always spend more money on clothes than home stuff. I don't really like to re-do my home all that often because I like returning to the familiarity of 'home' but clothes...man, I could go shopping for clothes every single day. No no, scratch that, I wanna go for a shopping spree as soon as I return from the last!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I was thinking that homeowners would buy a lot of furniture initially and then have the monthly land payment/rental. For me, clothes and avatar accessories drain the SL account faster than rent. Gambling was a big problem in SL's past but I think it has been dealt with.

Ah, I wasn't reading that OP as to include rent or tier, I was thinking like a merchant more or less *wink* and thinking "sales".  If we add in land payments or rent  then that is a huge portion of lots of folks expenditures. But that isn't something that they choose to pay each month --- unless of course they want to give up the land. So I was thinking "buying". 

But your title is clear on the SPENDS not the BUYS LOL. So just me reading wrong. 

• Like 1

It is hard for me to say what I spend more on. I spend alot on just about everything.I have several homes, I run a sim and I like changing outfits, I must have about half Coldlogic\neve's store in my inventory. But, I probably spend less on clothes than things for the sim or my home. I make a lot of use of rezzers so I can have options, I must have most of garden of dreams stuff and lots of tardis related stuff, lots of space stations. Ohh and where do vehicles fit in.... I must have over a hundred bikes cars and boats most of those will be 2000L$ or more. I have spent probably 200,000L$ on full perm bike parts. Probably spent over 100,000L$ at Ceridwens Cauldren, over 100,000 at Simbaz on tracks. Ohh dance animations I have spent a frightening amount on them ... I have about twice as many dances as I can fit in TIS dance machine... it is currently holding a trimmed down 300 single dances and 150 couples. I must have over 600 single dances in total.

I hate Gachas and events, I can't shop fast enough at them, because on my connection it takes an age for the textures to appear. So of the two options I think fashionista, although I like to think I present well, doesn't really apply to me. That leaves me in the homeowner category, except my home parcels once I have them set up I don't change them around that much My expenditure on buildings and furnishings is more for decorating the sim, club spaces and as roleplay venues.

Perhaps there should be another category for simbuilders? or maybe better not to look for labels.....I am not sure I fit any very well.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.