The "what would you do with 1Linden" x "the Vanity thread" combo

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So Inspired by the what would you do with one LInden thread, I thought it would be interesting to have a thread to post pictures of us wearing items that cost just 1 Linden. Not everything has to cost one linden, just at least one item. I will start it off here with three.

The hair - Rezology, Save the Queen

The suit - .::Pretty 'n Pink Short Pants Suit::.

The shoes - Slipper, April peeptoes gift 

all bought for 1L

1loutfit_003.jpg

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'd try this, but have you seen the stuff that's available for male avatars for only L$1? *shudders* I could do it, but I'd need some time to track down some decent stuff.

I absolutely adore your fashion sense, so I would love to see what you can manage to scrape together after a bit of digging around.  No hurry, we can wait.  :)

After much searching of the MP, I finally managed to put something together. Dress, pumps, hair, jewelry set all for L$1 each, though I'm pretty sure the complexity was a bit over 100,000.

20170527-Dollarbies.thumb.jpg.58d5b541c6ebcadc66eb7a61ffbe1b9c.jpg

Suko Teal Mesh Split Dress - Novi Designs
Lola Teal Pumps - Novi Designs
Hair - A&A Aloriana
Spiral Jewelry Set in Silver - Beloved Jewelry

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I absolutely adore your fashion sense, so I would love to see what you can manage to scrape together after a bit of digging around.  No hurry, we can wait.  :)

Heh, thank you. I looked for about an hour last night and found a few things. One or two decent tops, but precious little in the way of pants and footwear, and don't even get me started on the hair...

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For you Marketplace gurus - how the hell do you exclude demos on a search?  I tried putting a "-demo" (without quotes) as part of my search, but then it seems like I only got demos.

MP uses capitalised Boolean search operators such as NOT and AND. To exclude demos you would type dress NOT demo. I'd also add NOT _demo, NOT .demo, NOT D:E:M:O, NOT D_E_M_O (eh, you get the idea) to try and filter out those smartarses who get clever with the naming. And, of course, there are always the lazy sods who copy the same set of keywords into every single one of their listings, regardless of relevance...

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

MP uses capitalised Boolean search operators such as NOT and AND. To exclude demos you would type dress NOT demo. I'd also add NOT _demo, NOT .demo, NOT D:E:M:O, NOT D_E_M_O (eh, you get the idea) to try and filter out those smartarses who get clever with the naming. And, of course, there are always the lazy sods who copy the same set of keywords into every single one of their listings, regardless of relevance...

Well that explains why the lowercase 'not' didn't work.   Geez.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.