New Forum Icons - Red/Unread

daltonprock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

What new forum read/unread icons?

ETA: Cancel that question. I've read the answer in another thread.

Yet for those that might have the same question -- for each forum, there is now a greenish secondlife hand next to the forum title if there are unread posts in the forum and a very greyed out (maybe greenish) hand if there are no unread posts.

However, I'm not fully clear on the icons next to the Threads within the Forums.  I see a dark circle next to some - I think implying that there are unread comments.  A very greyed out star next to others -- maybe no new comments and the star means I posted in it.  Finally no icon next to other threads - maybe no new comments and I have not posted in it.

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

However, I'm not fully clear on the icons next to the Threads within the Forums.  I see a dark circle next to some - I think implying that there are unread comments.  A very greyed out star next to others -- maybe no new comments and the star means I posted in it.  Finally no icon next to other threads - maybe no new comments and I have not posted in it.

I believe you are right about everything, Lil.

The stars mean you have posted in the thread, and they are dark or light depending on whether or not there are any posts in it that you haven't read.

The dics mean that have not posted in the thread, and they are dark or non-existant, depending on whether or not there are any posts in it that you haven't read.

It's odd that no unread posts gets a pale star when you've posted in in the thread, but nothing at all when you have not posted in the thread. Maybe the logic is that you always get something when you've shown an interest by posting in a thread, but why show you anything when you have shown no interest in a thread. Summat like that, maybe.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, daltonprock said:

Forgive me folks for the misspelling in the title, I did not mean to do that and overlooked it terribly.

As someone mentioned in another thread, that could have been an autocorrect from unred to unread.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.