Pretty Walls? LOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all!  I'm new to SL, almost 3 months in, and I have a question.  I've seen in shops/sims/houses etc, that have really cool 'paint' on the walls.  Hearts and cupcakes and stripes...I'm just curious how I get that at my house.  I hate my boring walls!  Sorry for my ignorance, and I do apologize if this is in the wrong forum!

If you have your own home (one that belongs to you as the owner) and it is modify (the norm) you can buy textures and "drag" them onto your walls OR (safter) use the "select texture" option in the build menu and click on the wall, find the texture you like and drag it into the texture plane. I suggest some classes if that didn't make sense. Also if you are RENTING you cannot do this or if you are in a Linden Home. The house needs to be your own in order to make changes.

Hope that helped some.

• Like 3

One other thing to note is that once you change the texture on something you cant go back unless you have access to the original texture (which you wont on most houses you purchase). So you will want to make sure you have copy of your house hand on the change you dont like the change. If you have questions feel free to shout at me.

• Like 2

You can rent an empty parcel and build a home however you please. If the rented parcel has a building you could ask the landlord to remove it and place your own. If you have a linden home you can sell it and get a different parcel.

Be sure the texture you get is tileable. That is a texture you can set to repeat on the wall and it looks continuous. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.