When LindenLab is going to restore the Account Billing Info system with Credit Cards and PayPal?!??

ENKOODABOOAOO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's been around a week or longer already that I created this account but both Billing Info system and Age Verification system are out of work. I searched for the option for assigning a credit card to my account but there was a total missing of that. Also PayPal option seems all gone. They say it's gonna be back but in the grid Status pages I read this:
"
[Resolved 12:16pm] All website features are functioning normally at this time.
[Posted 13 Apr 2011 1200 pm] Some of our website features, including new account creation, are currently unavailable. We are aware of the issue and are working on it now. Please keep an eye on this blog for updates.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 at 12:02 pm and is filed under SLGrid Status. You can follow any responses to this entry through theRSS 2.0 feed.
"

Yes, you're reading well folks... "[Resolved 12:16pm] All website features are functioning normally at this time."   Are you joking, guys? You f***** up {self censored here}  the whole system and you come out telling us all website features are functioning normally... seriously? Does that mean that they "normally don't  have to work so all it's perfect as it is?
Dear Lindens, I believe you are kamikaze whom normally I admire and defend {I believe Viewer 2 - till before web profile were introduced... will you ever give us an alternative in the same viewer? I had to re install the previous release which still works great in ultra settings with enhanced lightning system... alternative viewers become  so unstable when shadows are active... Viewer 2 doesn't and really looks amazing - is an excellent evolution from the old viewer... easier and rich as functionality, more adult and classy as look&feel.
Innovations are part of SL great nature, in my opinion} but you really did put it out of the basket this time, saying that in an elegant form... you know what I mean.
How many new customers outside the States are you losing with this big hole in your system? In the best of the assumptions they will go on living inside SL as eternal noobs, collecting freebies for a whole lifetime, putting roots under Lindens' trees and jumping from a lucky chair to another... some will also keep going around with "free willies" {dolphins?} harassing chicks in general areas affirming to be teens who cannot be age verified and losing into an adult world! Not forgetting about those "patience champs in a bots-alike disguise" for 1L$ per hour...
Sorry for the awkward sarcasm but I never get angry and this time ain't no exception... which doesn't mean I won't hold myself from strongly invite you to fix such a horrible issue else new customers - as I am doing as well - will refuse, categorically refuse to upgrade to Premium to finally manually age verify since you moved that option to Premium accounts only... also because being unable to find the way to assign a credit card or a PayPal account they have no way to become premium at all! And they will directly leave Second Life. Knowledge Base, Support Portal and phone Customer Care service {more than 5 minutes call abroad from Italy to the States for solving just nothing!} are totally unreliable on this subject right now.
I hope you start an internal investigation to see responsibilities and to finally find a solution in quickest times. Or are you so eager to commit commercial suicide?

I end this message with my proactive attitude launching a couple of proposal/suggestions which I know are going to be completely ignored by I cannot go against my nature... so here they are:
  1. Web profiles - Already many told you about that but I join the choir... is an impossible mission to put web-profiles just optional so people can choose between web profiles and traditional ones? Can that be really so hard to be accomplished? Is such an option really so untenable in terms of servers costs saving that you really cannot follow that path?
  2. Marketplace - I love it really even if still not reached excellence or something alike... to get even closer to its perfection I suggest three improvements, some very easy:
  • Subcategories adds on as Poses {Static}, Animations {Animated}, Sculpted Items {as option inside apparels for example... you still get plenties of "old fashioned" normal prims-made shoes... vintage is good sometimes but  searching sculpted becomes such a nightmare... I believe women will appreciate the move!
  • Speedy Buy buttons to add items directly from results pages to accelerate the choice for customers who already know the item on sale or who doesn't need to open the item's profile again, or simply to add to the chart items with variations or from a same creator.
Sorry if I ran out on tangent but once I get a chance to say my own I take it going along with that. And I'm sure this message goes down yours throats easy like a pill.
Red or Blue?

ENKOODABOOAOO
{The One Who Lives Alone}

2 answers to this question

.....and breathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

It is a shame that the relevant Lindens probably won`t see your post as you have covered all of the frustrations that those of us not resident in US are experiencing lately.

You cannot "add" billing info to your account or use Paypal as a payment method, you need to actually buy the minimum amount of Lindens to get that info onto your account....Unfortunately there now seems to be some problems with using Lindex to buy those Lindens at the moment which doesn`t help.

The automated age verification, has trouble with some basic info such as double last names (like Van Gough) and they need to be typed without the space between them (VanGough), so if you have a name like that it could be something that simple causing it to fail.

There is no specific ticket for manual age verification for Basic accounts, however if you go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and submit one of the tickets in the Account Issues category (even if its for a different issue) and make it very clear that you need to be verified manually, some people have been lucky and LL have verified them that way.

Finally, there is no toll-free billing number listed for Italy, if you use Skype you can call the regular number free or very much cheaper to: Customer support phone number (All Countries): +44 2033620268

Or alternatively you could email to  support@payments.secondlife.com and let them know what you think of the current system :)

The answer to the question in the title is "we have no idea as Linden Lab hasn't said.  They have said paypal is no longer supported outside the USA though".  As Peewee hints this is a resident forum and the Linden's are not likely to read your post.  You might like to try Community Feedback, although there are already several threads there along these lines.

So the answers to the other questions you pose are "It's not us, we just live here" or similar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.