Looking For A Decent AO - Suggestions?

RileyAdare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello guys n' gals, 

I'm currently looking for an AO to work with my bento hands that doesn't move around quite so much.

I feel like most of the ones I have are kinda awkward and unrealistic, but I'm not sure where to look for better ones. 

Any help is appreciated. :x

I use the free Basically Girl AO with the standing animations disabled to stop her fidgeting so much. It's quite elegant I think. I don't think it comes with any Bento animations, but you can add your own animations to it.

6 hours ago, RileyAdare said:

Hello guys n' gals, 

I'm currently looking for an AO to work with my bento hands that doesn't move around quite so much.

I feel like most of the ones I have are kinda awkward and unrealistic, but I'm not sure where to look for better ones. 

Any help is appreciated. :x

pick some animations  you like, and add them to your current AO

• Like 3

On 23.5.2017 at 6:45 AM, RileyAdare said:

So it seems nothing has really  changed since my rant in 2011

[...]

I have maybe 25 or 30 AOs in my inventory, all collected and tried within the last >3 years. Vista, Oracul, whatever brand it was that I stumbled across in forums, or on XStreet/Marketplace or in Malls and looked good in the first moment, I did buy. I'd rather not want to know how many L$ I wasted for them.
"Wasted?", you ask.
Yes - because I just stick with the (free) OpenCollar Sub AO until I find one with natural looking moves that matches my persona, so that I can say "That one is so me!"...
With the other, rather expensive ones, my avatar behaves like an overly nervous or overly sex-driven insecure kid, or like someone on speed, or like someone who has to go pee but can't, et cetera pp. My avatar simply does not move appropriate with them.

AO-maker of all brands: I don't want my avatars to move like a sex-driven insecure kid on speed on top of caffeine with a week bladder: I want them to move like an adult woman who knows what she's doing - and with an AO matching my persona (which is usually rather calm despite me being a caffeine-junkie)!
If I wanted to double-up or pace around or throw my hair around or bend my knees or present my ***** or dance around or kick the air, I would do that even if I had to select those damn anims from a folder.
But I don't usually pace around walking holes in the floor, I don't usually dance while talking to others, I don't usually do knee-bends or martial art kicks while building, and especially I don't usually shift from one leg to the other like I had to pee (unless I really have to) or mess around with my hair every few seconds - so I don't want to see any of these animations in an AO I want to buy!

[...]

On 23.5.2017 at 0:53 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

pick some animations  you like, and add them to your current AO

On 23.5.2017 at 2:47 PM, seanabrady said:

I agree with @Alwin Alcott, fine individuals you like and build up your own. There are quite a few out now to select from. Oracul, Tutys, Vista, Noir, Body Language

Bad enough that you have to cherrypick animations and build an own individual AO by yourself, instead of getting a decent AO with realistic animations "out of the box" - especially nowadays.

1 minute ago, eighthdwarf Checchinato said:

Bad enough that you have to cherrypick animations and build an own individual AO by yourself, instead of getting a decent AO with realistic animations "out of the box" - especially nowadays.

it's not needed at all to make your own AO, there are bento AO's now...

but when wanting only a selection of animations it's always been a matter of do it yourself.

38 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

when wanting only a selection of animations it's always been a matter of do it yourself.

I agree.  I have never bought a pre-loaded AO, for exactly the reasons that @eighthdwarf Checchinato cites. Nobody else can choose a set of anims that expresses who I am as well as I can choose them myself.  I feel the same way about anims that I do about my hair, my clothes, my shape and my skin.  I choose what I look like. 

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.