Rixtiz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello there! every time i try to charge lindens dolars cant add my credit card visa and mastercard. I dont know how many times i tried , i need help please :(. this is the message i keep getting every time i try to buy linden dollars:

Sorry, your payment failed. Please try another payment method

Thanks for reading this post 

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Rixtiz
security

4 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, RomyLovey said:

You can only use paypal or Skrill if you are willing to give them your SSN, your bank account number

Not quite.  Verification is required, because there has to be some way for Linden Lab to guarantee that they will get their money when you buy something, and to show the Feds (if they ask) that they are not encouraging money laundering by anonymous users. So ... PayPal requires either a bank account or a credit card for verification, and they will accept a debit card.  As far as Linden Lab is concerned, they don't care how you verified your PayPal account.  As long as PayPal is happy, so is  LL.  The only thing you need to remember is that you will need to keep a cash balance in your PayPal account if it is not verified by a credit card, because banks cannot transfer cash to PayPal quickly enough so that PayPal can send payment to LL before your transaction times out.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:34 PM, Rixtiz said:

Hello there! every time i try to charge lindens dolars cant add my credit card visa and mastercard. I dont know how many times i tried , i need help please :(. this is the message i keep getting every time i try to buy linden dollars:

Sorry, your payment failed. Please try another payment method

Thanks for reading this post 

If the Visa and Mastercard are really 'debit' cards (i.e. tied directly to your bank account), they will not work.  If they truly are credit cards, go to your "Dashboard / Accounts / Billing Information" and ensure the payment info looks right.  If you are outside of the US and you added a card before, try removing it and re-adding it from that Billing page - there was an issue that required international people to re-enter their credit card info.  If the cards will not add on the Billing page and they truly are Credit cards, you can contact Billing - info below - or you can open a PayPal or Skril account that is funded by the credit card, get it verified, and add that as your payment method.

http:// https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Our Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.

Local Toll-Free numbers (for Billing issues)

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

Support won't help you if your card is a debit, not a credit card. They won't accept my debit card to buy $L anymore. It's the same one I've been using since I first started in SL. Apparently my money isn't good enough for them anymore. If you don't have an actual credit card, and only have a debit, you're screwed. You can only use paypal or Skrill if you are willing to give them your SSN, your bank account number, and your first born child. Linden Labs is treating loyal members poorly, in my opinion. I'm thinking about quitting SL because of this. I'm VERy unhappy with them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.