Help: can‘t see my avatar

AEKI22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

The cloudy something is how an avatar looks before the computer has had time to laod and render all the parts. Usually it only takes a few seconds. but sometimes you jsut get stuck forever. There are so many possible reasons it's impossible to say what causes it in your case. Here is a method that fixes many of the problems though:

1. Go to a low lag empty water sim like Bevel
  2. Relog
  3. Type the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Q to bring up the super-secret Devlop menu.
  4. Select Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test Male or Test Female (your choice)

This is a rather ugly avatar but it is very low lag and should load no matter what happens. Once you have a visible avatar. Switch back to your regular one and usually it will load jsut fine from then on. If it doesn't, we  will need a bit of technical info about your computer and connection to help you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChinRey said:

The cloudy something is how an avatar looks before the computer has had time to laod and render all the parts. Usually it only takes a few seconds. but sometimes you jsut get stuck forever. There are so many possible reasons it's impossible to say what causes it in your case. Here is a method that fixes many of the problems though:

2. Relog
  3. Type the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Q to bring up the super-secret Devlop menu.

This is a rather ugly avatar but it is very low lag and should load no matter what happens. Once you have a visible avatar. Switch back to your regular one and usually it will load jsut fine from then on. If it doesn't, we  will need a bit of technical info about your computer and connection to help you.

9 hours ago, ChinRey said:

2. Relog

Thank you your answers has helped me a lot :) Now it's okay. Have a good Time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, onedarkflame said:

I was dealing with this a lot and the only thing that helped was changing to a classic avatar and then back to mine.

Which viewer are you using? Switching from the official SL viewer to Firestorm has fixed this issue permanently for me.

Thank you so much. To swich to a classic avatar and then back has solved the Problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEKI22 said:

Thank you your answers has helped me a lot :) Now it's okay. Have a good Time.

Yw. And sorry I forgot the simpler solution onedarkflame gave you. The basic idea is to switch avatar to force an upgrade. Often any avatar will do and it's not always neccessary to do all the work I suggested to eliminate all possible problems.

If the problem keeps returning, you probably have either a connection problem or a corrupted cache file. So if that happens, first check your connection and if that seems ok, clear your viewer's cache.

Bake failure can also happen if you have so many items in your inventory your copmuter never gets around to loading the ones you need for your avatar but you need to have a very big inventory for that to happen.

Even though it doesn't sound like the cause in this case, here's something that might be good to know for the future: 

If you clear your cache or have a clean installation of the viewer, it may take a while for your avatar to appear when you relog, depending on the size of your inventory. You can check by opening up your inventory window and looking at the bottom left (see pic) to see if the number is changing upwards as if counting. So that can be another cause of invisible avatar syndrome or IAS. :D

fwff.png

On 5/29/2017 at 10:48 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, you've got one hell of an inventory there.  Most of us here thought @Skell Dagger had a huge inventory at roughly 150k

Hahaha, it seemed to add up quickly between a shopping addiction and building on the sim I had early on. Although I'm sure if we all purged the junk notecards and textures we get it would cut our inventories in half =D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.