Let's Get Weird

cmdcline88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm new to SL and just looking for a new group of people to get to know and just kind of go with the flow. As far as your personality goes I'm mostly non-judgmental depending on the topic of conversation. I'm open to getting to at least know you first before I start judging. Music is definitely a passion of mine. I play guitar and can tolerate almost all different types of music. I like to spend my spare time reading and collecting comic books. I have a small collection. I like sports. Mostly football, hockey, and sometimes Boxing. Well if your interested in getting to know me send me a message.

I play guitar in SL can tolerate alot of different types of music. I like to spend my spare time reading forum posts and collecting shoes in SL. I have a small collection. I like sports. Mostly baseball, NASCAR and did I say baseball? (Oh I do have a St. Louis Blues shirt my sister gave me if that counts for anything) Right now my SL availability is hit or miss, I will try to remember to send you an IM, or you can send me one and I will get back to you when I can.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2017 at 3:06 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

All of my teams are out :(
I'm cheering for Ottawa now since they are the underdogs.  Canada hasn't had the cup in ... I dunno ... bunch of years. 

You always gotta go for the underdogs no matter what team. Well I can second that I guess lol. 

I like how saltine crackers and paper towels have something in common, other than color or shape.

I make up words a lot.

I talk to myself a lot. I mean, like, conversations. Most of the time, there are no arguments.

I've always been an introvert. But I'm getting better. I still have a tendency to keep to myself at parties or other large gatherings of people, I just feel much less weird toward myself about it.

I don't follow sports at all. On the off chance I happen to be watching a game, any game, like, suddenly, sitting around, I'll look up and there is a game on, I usually root for whoever is behind.

I used to have terrible, atrocious, illegible handwriting. I always felt it was because my brain shot the words toward my hand faster than it could write them, so it operated like a bureaucrat, pretending to do the job, but actually accomplishing nothing. Not even I could read it, half the time. Then my kids went to school and learned penmanship. I thought it would probably be a good idea to learn what they were learning, be a good role model, and avoid potentially confusing them. I succeeded in metering the words. Maybe I built a buffer in my brain. In any case, now I write like a third grader.

I prefer fake bacon. Not vegan, just.. the stuff that's chopped and formed and colored with...  Never mind, just pretend I didn't write that.

I never knew what rap (the music) stood for, as an acronym, until just a few months ago.

I don't consider tomatoes to be either a fruit or a vegetable. I hold them to be in a single delicious class all their own, with the heirlooms being the elite jet-setters.

I consider language to be a form of magic. I'm not being facetious. I actually believe this. The power of language to convey ideas and meaning keeps me in awe. The capacity of its use to deceive and confuse frightens me. Even so, it's nice to believe in magic.

I don't have a favorite anything, other than the color green. There is too much that I like for me to honestly express a firm, targeted preference. I do have moments. I can have a music of the moment (usually a week or two), a book of the moment, a food of the moment. But they fade and change as something new comes along, or something old returns. But green has always been there for me. "What is your favorite....?" This is a question that I actually dislike.

I usually like people. When I come across someone I don't like, I do my damnedest to tolerate them and not make my real feelings toward them evident. This is often very difficult. I possess a high degree of empathy and it doesn't always make life easy.

Déjà vu always makes me uncomfortable, creates in me an uneasiness that something isn't right.

I have a love/hate relationship with popcorn.

There is more but I've rambled enough. I want to add that I appreciate the wit, intelligence, kindness, mischief, and creativity in each of you here.

Probably none of this makes me weird, it makes me just like many, many other people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I consider language to be a form of magic. I'm not being facetious. I actually believe this. The power of language to convey ideas and meaning keeps me in awe. The capacity of its use to deceive and confuse frightens me. Even so, it's nice to believe in magic.

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.