I get black sections around transparencies, like some prim hair that I bought. What do I do?

Lostbunny Zenfold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I get black sections around transparencies, like some prim hair that I bought. The thin parts of the flexible rectangles that make up the head of hair or pure black, while the wide sides show the texture (with transparency when appropriate.) How do I get rid of this?

I recently installed a new NVidia GeForce that SL said was "not supported". I guess it is too new. Is there some other way to work around this problem, besides getting a different video card? The drivers are up to date. My computer is powerful enough. I have enough bandwidth.

EDIT: pic here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14359698@N07/5620671612/

EDIT: The video card is an NVidia GTS 450. SL2 viewer, Windows 7, AMD Phenom Quad processor, 4GB RAM

EDIT: Disabling VBO did not work.

Edit: It only happens with some textures. I can't seem to edit the colors: The texture is hair, changing anything takes away the hair.

3 answers to this question

Can you post a picture of what it looks like and tell us some more about your hardware?

[Edit]

Does it happen with all transparent textures or just some? Can you edit any of the ones it happens on, if so can you select the black face and set the color to white? If it already is white say so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.