Jump to content

A new and improved forum?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

The most important influence on the more positive feel of this iteration of the forum, aside from persistent logins, the ability to screen out spam forums and spammers, and the absence of various irritations we have endured, is the Like button. People feel like they are getting feedback and interactivity that never existed before. And always only positive feedback ( from the button)! 

YES!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure what magic happened when they opened the new forum, but I am amazed by how different things feel now. The forum was an angry, intimidating place before, but now I really enjoy it here! It

I'm happy with it too. I'm posting more than I used to. Partly because of the improvements to it, partly because of all you quality people, who have always been here, and partly because one of you in

Yes, it does seem lighthearted compared to the old forum and positively angelic compared to the old old forum. Anyone brave enough to post back in 2007 had to have rhinoceros skin to withstand the ons

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

The most important influence on the more positive feel of this iteration of the forum, aside from persistent logins, the ability to screen out spam forums and spammers, and the absence of various irritations we have endured, is the Like button. People feel like they are getting feedback and interactivity that never existed before. And always only positive feedback ( from the button)! 

Yes, though I would still like an expansion, partly for fun and partly to more aptly describe my view of a post without having to quote and comment.  Things like 'Double Like / Love'. 'LMAO / ROFL', and 'Agree' (which is not always the same as 'Like').  They can all still count for just one reputation point, I just want more expression.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

We know we're irrelevant.

And this is why I have a hard time feeling slighted by the inattention I've experienced here. I can't believe I (and many of of us collectively, creators excepted ;-) am worth the effort. Yes, we like the forum, but it's SL that brought us here. Even though I'm rarely in-world, I know its value to many of my friends and even more who share the kinship of residency with me. If working to keep SL alive and to make Sansar attractive is a better use of LL resources than the forum, I want LL to focus there.

That said, it's nice to get some attention.

11 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Of course, I actually AM relevant so it's easy for me to say stuff like this. Ebbe personally responded directly to one of my posts on the last forum. I'm so doggone important it's a wonder I don't just swell up and float away.;-)

Ties herself to you and hopes for a free ride on the winds of relevancy.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

And always only positive feedback! 

Welcome to the mutual admiration society, Pamela.

It's so nice to have you here. I love what you've done with your hair. That blouse, oh that blouse! You must tell me where you got it. You've lost weight, haven't you? You look well, so it must be a diet, or perhaps a tapeworm. Please share it (the diet, not the tapeworm). I love your houses, they motivate me to remodel my own in RL. Your taste in television programming is impeccable, I should copy you to construct my summer TV playlist.

I could go on.

(Okay, to be honest, some of that probably isn't true. But, I have no way of knowing for sure.)

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Welcome to the mutual admiration society, Pamela.

It's so nice to have you here. I love what you've done with your hair. That blouse, oh that blouse! You must tell me where you got it. You've lost weight, haven't you? You look well, so it must be a diet, or perhaps a tapeworm. Please share it (the diet, not the tapeworm). I love your houses, they motivate me to remodel my own in RL. Your taste in television programming is impeccable, I should copy you to construct my summer TV playlist.

I could go on.

(Okay, to be honest, some of that probably isn't true. But, I have no way of knowing for sure.)

 

 How could you know?? :x

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You look well, so it must be a diet, or perhaps a tapeworm. Please share it (the diet, not the tapeworm).

I'll take the tapeworm! I've read that they were all the rage at one point in history!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Oh the hand? I don't usually look at that list. My icons are all the same color.

Yes, they go fully green when forums have unread posts. Then fade away when there are no unread posts to be seen in that category.

Edited by daltonprock
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, daltonprock said:

Yes, they go fully green when forums have unread posts. Then fade away when there are no unread posts to be seen in that category.

I wish when ppl chose colors to provide information they would consider not using red or green, since that is the most prevalent type of color blindness.  Try blue, purple, orange. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I wish when ppl chose colors to provide information they would consider not using red or green, since that is the most prevalent type of color blindness.  Try blue, purple, orange. 

I think you should do ok with the hands, Pam. They either show or don't show at all, so colour wouildn't matter in this case. I've only checked it with stuff not read and all read, so I don't know if there's anything in between but, if there is, it should be a density of the same colour.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I think you should do ok with the hands, Pam. They either show or don't show at all, so colour wouildn't matter in this case. I've only checked it with stuff not read and all read, so I don't know if there's anything in between but, if there is, it should be a density of the same colour.

Ah - the guy with the JIRA said red and green and I could not see either, tho I assumed green.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Ah - the guy with the JIRA said red and green and I could not see either, tho I assumed green.

To me it looks like a normal greenish hand vs a very greyed out hand.  Also, if I pass my cursor over the greenish hand, it gives me the option of marking the forum as read, whereas the greyed out hand gives me no options.

Despite colorings, I do like the bigger hand vs the previous tiny indicators.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see it greyed out but that'll be because I've moved the browser to another monitor and, unitl I adjust it, lighter greys appear lighter than they are, which is why I thought it was green or white (nothing).

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...