JieJie Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been having this issue now for over a week and I dont know what else to do.  I have rezzed, my items and other items from other creators and i still get the same issue, its says loading contents, but never does :(.  When I try to either open or to load.  I have, restarted the sim, I have cleared my cache, I have clean uninstalled, both FireStorm and the SL viewer, I have tried going to another sim, I have tried shutting down my pc and rebooting my internet, and none of these things fixed the situation.  HELP!!!

daa15dec06b6e91e952e103a01478d06.png

Edited by JieJie Emerald

3 answers to this question

In my experience, it has, on occasion, taken a very long time for contents to load, when there are say, hundreds of things in a box. Eventually they will load, although it might take a VERY long  time... as in going away from the computer, cooking a meal, eating, doing the dishes, taking a nap and coming back later long time.  I have never experienced items never ever loading though. However, sometimes when I am putting items into a box, they do not show up. In that case, I hit the refresh button and click on another, unrelated item nearby while in edit mode and  then back on the item I want to load and that seems to get it to load. If no items in anything you rez ever ever load, no matter where you are, etcetera, well I would suggest submitting a support ticket.

This is often a region problem. New information learned from the recent Fantasy Faire suggests some problems may be a host problem. As multiple regions live in a single host, a restart will only help if it moves you out of the host. My understanding is it does, but I can't guarantee that is always the case.

When I run into this problem, I TP to a different region, restart the viewer, and try again. It usually solves the problem.

It is very unlikely your computer is the problem. Others with the same viewer aren't having the problem. So, it is unlikely it is the viewer. It is possible the connection is creating the issue. If you are not losing network packets, that probably isn't the problem. If none of those it is most likely region/host/backend related. Since you have restarted the region, that is eliminated. That leaves the host and backend.

The rolling restarts often rearrange regions, moving them to different hosts. So, testing after a Tuesday update and restart may give you a hint of what is happening. The restart stresses the backend and if there are problems there, those usually get corrected.

Regions are arranged in hosts so that adjacent regions are on the same host. There is a limit to that. So, it is possible to TP away from a region and its host. In 2011 there were 4 regions per host. But, the Lindens have upgraded the hardware since then. Generally, information is there is one region per host CPU. They don't tell us much about the servers. But, the one CPU per region would suggest 8 to 16 CPU's per server is about a max. But it might be more or less. So, TP'ing a long map-distance is very likely to get you to a different host.

You can examine the viewer log to see what is happening. It may give a clue.

As a last resort file a trouble ticket. If support cannot give you new clues, file a JIRA report. Having an exact time is important for the ticket and report. The server logs are huge. Help them narrow it down. Also, logs are kept for only 3 or 4 days. It is important the ticket or report be filed soon after the problem is encountered.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.