What's with Reputation?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I think it might be both likes you give and get, because I have noticed some newer people have a considerably higher rep count than post count. Just a guess.

But that is easy to do, since a single post can have several likes. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Hmmm,I think there is something strange going on and got  bad reputation..

Because I kinda noticed,I've been living in the past when  it's a new generation.

I realize that a girl can do what she wants to do and that's what I'm gonna do ..

Ahh never mind..

I don't give a damn ' bout my bad reputation

:D

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

If you unlike something you've liked, I wonder if it subtracts 1 from the reputation of the relevant forumite.

Chi Rey's says quietly to herself: "I'm not gonna make a pun on this, I'm not gonna make a pun on this, I'm not gonna make a pun on this, I'm not gonna... I... can't... resist..."

Unlike the post you like and keep liking it's likely that...

oh, never mind!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

If you unlike something you've liked, I wonder if it subtracts 1 from the reputation of the relevant forumite.

I just tested it with your post. I Liked it and 1 was added to your rep. I unliked it, and the 1 was not removed. I tried liking it again, but nothing more was added to your rep. So we get one 'like' per post. It's added to the rep score and, once added, it can't be removed. The like can be unliked, but the score doesn't decrease.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 7

On 20/05/2017 at 10:43 AM, Phil Deakins said:

I just tested it with your post. I Liked it and 1 was added to your rep. I unliked it, and the 1 was not removed. I tried liking it again, but nothing more was added to your rep. So we get one 'like' per post. It's added to the rep score and, once added, it can't be removed. The like can be unliked, but the score doesn't decrease.

I guess that means we can be neutral or wonderful, but no one can have a negative reputation as there's no way for it to go down.

That's right. There isn't an unlike button until you've added 1 point with the Like button, and using that unlike button doesn't remove the 1 point you gave when you Liked it. The beauty of it is that even totally obnoxious people like me can't be worse than neutral :)

• Like 3

On 5/20/2017 at 4:43 AM, Phil Deakins said:

So this allows us to alt up, like our own posts to bump the rep count, then unlike the posts to erase the evidence.

Excuse me, Snugs has work to do.

;-).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.