Why do some poses not work properly?

xFunkapotimusx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, xFunkapotimusx said:

More directed to sex poses been finding a lot that it will load the female into a pose but will just suspend me in a sitting pose, and this is furniture without a poseball, some of the poses work but some I switch to puts me sitting

If you have an AO on (animation overrider either as an attached hud or as part of the viewer AO (Firestorm anyway) you may need to turn it off. You may have some or many animations in your hud that are of higher priority than the animations in the furniture. This isn't just sex furniture, it could be anything that has animations in it.  It is a bit complex, but just see if your furniture works with your AO off. :D.

• Like 5

Adding a few details to Chic's answer. Any avatar in Second Life is always running a lot of animations on top of each other. To keep them from fighting each other constantly, they are all assigned a priority level when they are uploaded. AO animations are supposed to have priority 2 or 3, high enough to override the built-in priority 1 animations but low enough they won't interfere with the priority 4 animations that are supposed to be used in furniture, poseballs and such.

Unfortunately many AO makers ignore this system and upload their animations with priority 4, some out of ignorance, some because they can't be bothered to change a menu in the uploader window (it's set to 4 by default) but most probably because AOs with the wrong priority sell better than those with the right ones. "Priority 4" looks good in a Marketplace description and most people in SL don't realize that that is the last thing they actually want from an AO.

• Like 4

Besides Chic and Chin Rey's great answers, I have found that more and more scripted furniture uses a system that requires you to accept an animation offer before it will work.  And sometimes, that notice doesn't appear where you're looking on the screen.

Another possibility is that you've banned the furniture in question.  I've done this to a dance machine at a club, because the "ban" button is right next to the "accept" button in the notice window.  If that's the case, you'll need to go to your banlist and un-ban the object.

• Like 4

...and sometimes the animation permission request hides behind another open dialog. then it times out and disappears off the screen. You can move things around and sometimes find it. Other times you have to stand and re-sit.

Not all furniture is the same. Some use pose balls that hide inside the furniture. Others have no balls... O.o until you activate the menu. Some furniture requires you sit on a specific part of the furniture. It can be annoyingly tricky. Experiment.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.