Prim Permissions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made an object that I provided to a friend who wanted to deed it to his group.  He reported that the "Deed" option on the prim was grayed out.  To check this question I rezed a new prim on my land and sure enough the deed option is grayed out.  I've tried allowing all permissions, modify, copy, transfer on a prim but still the deed is function is not there. Obviously, I'm missing something basic, but can't find it.

Okay, this is very confusing:  When I rez a prim and check "share" the prim "Deed" option is still grayed out.  When my partner rezes an object on this same land his "Deed" option is not grayed out.  We're in the same group and the land we're on is group owned by us.  Why would he be able to rez and object and the deeding option shows when he checks "share" on the object, but when I rez and object, with permissions set exactly the same, the "deed" in my is grayed out?

Things to check:

Does your own role in the group allow to to deed objects to the group?

Are you wearing the group tag?

Do you have transfer perms for the object?

Have you tried stamping your foot and muttering four-letter magic incantations?  :P

• Like 2

If I understand you correcty, you are an owner of the group so that rules out #1 on Rolig's checklist. And if you rez a prim, not something from your inventory, we can rule out #3 too.

That leaves us with options 2, 4 and 5.

#2 is the most likely one and easy to check. You are wearing the right group tag, aren't you?

If you go for #4, remember to stamp your right foot, not your left one.

Then there's no. 5: how is your internet connection? Do you have any packet losses? That can sometimes cause problems like this. Your computer and the servers need to communicate a bit before they agree what you are allowed to do and if messages are lost there, you may be denied your well earned rights.

Edited by ChinRey
x
  • Like 1

The reason I suggested my question #2 is that the OP's partner  might well have taken our frequent advice about group ownership seriously.  We've been telling people for years that the only person you can trust in co-ownership is your own alt.  Partners, boyfriends, and wives come and go, sometimes on bad terms.  You can always trust your alt (unless you are Maddy, but she's a special case).  When you are creating a group, therefore, the smart move is to make your alt a co-owner and put your partner in a supporting role.  Hence, my question about whether the OP's partner took our advice and put the OP in a role that does not allow deeding.

My partner is my alt and I am the owner of the 512 that is deeded to our group.  I stood side by side with him and rezed a prim with the same permissions.  His showed "deed" functional/available, mine was grayed out.  We were on the same internet connection. I selected option #4.

Let me see if I get this straight: You're talking about two different accounts with the same role in the group, both have the group active, do exactly the same and use the same connection, same computer and same viewer and they still get different results??? And you tried it several times so you're sure it's not a one-time glitch?

Yes, that's definitely one for Rolig's option 4.

There should be a simple workaround of course. It doesn't have to be the owner of the object who deeds it so let your partner do the deeding. No guarantees it will work though, anything can happen in the twilight zone.

Edited by ChinRey
Adding one more comment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.