gooprincess2424

Random hookup rules?

I just did a random hookup with some guy, and he invited another girl, suddenly the other girl got up and the guy teleported away and the girl started asking me a bunch of questions. I'm a bit new, but I don't think I did anything wrong. I'm very confused. I'm wondering if I did anything wrong.

Edited by gooprincess2424
  • Like 2

I wouldn't think to much on it. Who knows what happened. Maybe his wife walked in, his kids, maybe he was bored, maybe his SL gf came online and he rushed home to see her. Not worthy of to much thought. Move on and have fun.

• Like 3

I find this happens a lot with random encounters, whether for sex or just hanging out. Not everyone takes this serious or considers there are people behind the avatars. It's kind of like an RL where you also happen to run into rude people a lot.

• Like 3

On 5/18/2017 at 3:25 AM, gooprincess2424 said:

I'm wondering if I did anything wrong.

No, always remember this is your SL and you are allowed to live it any way you please, you can never do anything wrong as long as you are true to yourself and what your goals for SL are. That being said you have to give others the same freedom. 

and did the guy teleport away, or did he go offline? People can go offline for reasons such as a crashed computer or power failure or loss of internet signal. About once a month my router just stops working until I unplug it and let it restart. If I am in SL, I poof till it comes back on and I can relog, so don't be quick to judge anyone who just vanishes without a word.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2017 at 5:25 PM, gooprincess2424 said:

I'm wondering if I did anything wrong.

Absolutely not! Likely he crashed or something happened in real life that took him away. It happens a lot and to most people, I think.

In roleplay a lot of people will wait 5 or 10 minutes then leave if this happens, it allows the person to get back online if the problem is temporary, and to just leave if the person has gone for an extended period for RL reasons.

Please do remember as you go through your second life, you have no obligation to answer questions that make you uncomfortable, or even to stay in situations that make you feel bad. You have the ability to teleport away, or even to log out, nobody decent will ever think less of you should you do that.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

Ok so there is no way to know for sure what happened, but reading over this again I am struck with a possible scenario. You meet random guy and the two of you agree to hook up, what you do not know is that random guy has a GF who is opposed to him hooking up. Then the random girl asks the guy if he would like to turn his hookup into a three way and he invites her in, The chat in IMs which you can't read, and she reveals that the avi she is using is an alt, and she is the GF and he is busted. He bolts, but she sticks around to ask you things because she just caught you with her boyfriend and she wants to know the extent of your involvement with him. Of course even if this is what happened, you did nothing wrong in the situation, you didn't know he had a girlfriend.

I once had a similar situation, I go to this guys apartment, we do our thing, when we are done he TPs out and leaves me there. Before I leave this girl drops into my lap. She starts asking me why I was there, had he been there, what did we do. Turns out she was the GF and he had been telling her he wasn't having sex with anyone else. That wasn't the first time I had been with him, but it was the last, it has probably been a year now, and he still hits on me from time to time but I always tell him no. I don't think he has ever made the connection and realized I was the girl that his GF found out about.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 11:09 PM, Talligurl said:

Ok so there is no way to know for sure what happened, but reading over this again I am struck with a possible scenario. You meet random guy and the two of you agree to hook up, what you do not know is that random guy has a GF who is opposed to him hooking up. Then the random girl asks the guy if he would like to turn his hookup into a three way and he invites her in, The chat in IMs which you can't read, and she reveals that the avi she is using is an alt, and she is the GF and he is busted. He bolts, but she sticks around to ask you things because she just caught you with her boyfriend and she wants to know the extent of your involvement with him. Of course even if this is what happened, you did nothing wrong in the situation, you didn't know he had a girlfriend.

I once had a similar situation, I go to this guys apartment, we do our thing, when we are done he TPs out and leaves me there. Before I leave this girl drops into my lap. She starts asking me why I was there, had he been there, what did we do. Turns out she was the GF and he had been telling her he wasn't having sex with anyone else. That wasn't the first time I had been with him, but it was the last, it has probably been a year now, and he still hits on me from time to time but I always tell him no. I don't think he has ever made the connection and realized I was the girl that his GF found out about.

LOL... I have had this happen to me so much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That sucks.  But it is him that has issues.  Not you. 

We all have met an asshat like that.  But it makes you appreciate a playmate that sticks around.  P.S.  SL should be non judgmental.  Hell we have RL for that 

8 hours ago, pennytrated said:

That sucks.  But it is him that has issues.  Not you. 

We all have met an asshat like that.  But it makes you appreciate a playmate that sticks around.  P.S.  SL should be non judgmental.  Hell we have RL for that 

Given that the OP is still showing as that being her only post (after roughly 5 months), I doubt that she is coming back to read anything, so you are really just giving your opinion for the sake of giving it.  Maybe, if you are just in the mood to add your opinion to stuff, you could find some threads that are a but more current. 

Just sayin......