Cannot Update Second Life Viewer

JPG0809

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello!

It seems whenever I try to start second life by clicking the official viewer, I get a message to update my viewer and I agree. However, it says it cannot run and my only option is to "Abort". I can still log on just fine, but this happens every time and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

-Thanks!

3 answers to this question

You don't give us any information about your system or the version of the viewer you are using. It is best when asking tech questions to use the viewer's HEP->ABOUT... to gather the info we need and paste that in with your post.

There are a couple of things that can get you into a 'you need to update' loop. But, we would need to know more before sending you to hump through those hoops. :)

PS: OK that 'hump through' was a typo... But, a funny enough one to leave...

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Oops

I never use the auto update feature.  It's prone to problems.  You can disable automatic updates in your Preferences.

Try this instead:  Close your viewer, then open the Second Life web page and go to Help/Downloads.  Download the current viewer from there and install it.  You may wish to completely uninstall your current viewer, using the "clean reinstall" procedure Rolig gave you a link to.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.