Lindens not Showing

NoahReeve

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Look at the MANY posts in this Answers forum about using the Limit Buy option in the LindeX wisely, especially if you are unfamiliar with the way that currency exchanges work.  Or just read

VERY carefully.  I suspect that you really should have used the Market Buy option.

• Like 1

While Rolig is likely right, and you placed a Best Rate (Limit Buy) order, your credit card should not show the transaction as "pending".  LL immediately charges your payment method, and holds the funds "in escrow" until the limit buy order is filled.  If you cancel the order, the money goes into your $USD balance, not back to your credit card.  You might want to check again, and if the transaction is still pending, you might talk to your credit card company.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

your credit card should not show the transaction as "pending".  LL immediately charges your payment method, and holds the funds "in escrow" until the limit buy order is filled.  If you cancel the order, the money goes into your $USD balance, not back to your credit card.  You might want to check again, and if the transaction is still pending, you might talk to your credit card company.

Every transaction that I make on one of my cards always shows under the 'Pending Transactions' section initially.  They stay there anywhere from a day to a few days before shifting to the 'Posted' section.  The poster may be seeing something like that.  It could be that even though LL charges the card immediately, there may be a certain number of days where it could be cancelled or something and thus not fully posted until such time.  I'm not sure how credit card transactions fully process through the system, but there appear to be phases as it moves all the way through the process. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.