It does not matter if they belong to the same person, all accounts are separate and unique.  You can partner with another account.  You can form a group as long as there are two accounts in the group.  Who owns those accounts is never considered.

• Like 1

I've known people whose Alts role-play together...like....ONLY together.
I observe from afar on those occasions.....

giphy.gif

Doesn't matter if they are alts or not anyone can partner anyone they like. I've seen plenty of people in my time partnered to their alts/strongly suspected alts i refer to them as "altners" some people use these "altners" for 'malicious' purposes others use them to indicate they aren't looking for an SL relationship

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

I've known people whose Alts role-play together...like....ONLY together.

I can't help it that Rhonda is clingy tenacious. :x Rhonda and I have a running joke from our WoW days of being each other's alt's off-spec and I sometimes think people believe I am her alt. I am not =^.^=

None of my current alts are partnered.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoyBlakeley said:

Thanks! So would I have to download another viewer?

You do not need more than one viewer (or more than one instance of the same viewer) unless you want to have multiple avatars in-world at the same time. Just log-out of one account and log-in using the other.

If you do want to have two avatars in-world simultaneously (as I sometimes do for photo fun or to set couples poses) you'll either need two distinct viewers or have one viewer set to allow launching multiple instances (Preferences->Advanced, check "Allow multiple viewers"). You'll also need a fairly zippy computer if you don't want both avatars to get lag flu.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

and I sometimes think people believe I am her alt. I am not =^.^=

You're not?

OMG, that means you saw everything!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You'll also need a fairly zippy computer if you don't want both avatars to get lag flu.

And/or set the alt's graphics to super low like I do.  I don't care if she suffers - it's all about me inworld anyway.  B|

• Like 1

For some reason I thought I had to have both alts online at the same time to marry them. So I created an alias viewer and got them both in the same location. Then I found out that partnering is done through the SL website. But I got some pictures of the new couple!

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.20.12 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.27.05 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.30.23 PM.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RoyBlakeley said:

For some reason I thought I had to have both alts online at the same time to marry them. So I created an alias viewer and got them both in the same location. Then I found out that partnering is done through the SL website. But I got some pictures of the new couple!

Yes, an SL 'Partnering' is not the same as an SL 'Wedding'.  Partnerng doesn't require much other than filling out a form and handing over the $.  Whereas an SL wedding will often cost you much, much more in both time and $.

• Like 1

Your marriage is not complete until you include a picture of your spouse in your profile with a gushing testimonial of how much you love the other and will fight anyone who disrespects them. Since you married two alts you have to write a spousal love post twice. 

• Like 4

On 5/16/2017 at 11:49 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Don't worry, Love.  We didn't have a wedding that can be annulled; I collared you, silly.

That's right, now she has to sell you

On 5/16/2017 at 8:04 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

An SL wedding will often cost you much, much more in both time and $.

but it's so much fun, the best way I know to make SL as stressful as RL.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

but it's so much fun, the best way I know to make SL as stressful as RL.

Having been through one in both places, I'll definitely agree to that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Is having sex with your alt considered incest or masturbation? O.o

I created a male alt once but it wasn't as fun as I thought.  He never talks to me and then times out just as I get started.

• Like 1