item sent to wrong person

DiamondDalia Cliassi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased a gift for male friend, I specifically indicated his name, however item came to me.  I have contacted seller however no response.

Second Life MarketplaceCart (5) Items Merchants/Stores
Search inShow maturity levelsHelpKeywords
 Search
Marketplace  »  My account  »  My order history
My order history
May 14, 2017
Order #1446008111
Order Status: Delivered
Total items: 1
Order Total: L$449
Recipients: DiamondDalia Cliassi
View invoice
     Description    Item IDs    Unit Price    Qty    Total:

HYPNOSE MEN - DAVID PACK
Sold by CristallWhite Visit The Store
Review Product

312389935    L$449    1    L$449

1 item has been delivered
Item(s) will be delivered to the Received Items folder.
Total:    L$449

4 answers to this question

It looks like you just ordered it today, and today is Sunday.  Give the merchant some time to respond.  Merchants have real lives and families, like you and me, so they are not necessarily watching their computers 100% of the time, especially on a weekend (and Mother's Day).  If you haven't heard by Wednesday or so, send a second polite notecard.  Also, remember that a busy merchant may not ever receive an IM from you because her in box can easily be full.  If she's received more than 25 items since her last login, any others will be automatically rejected and deleted by the system.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

i think you made the mistake to put in the name of your friend, and didn't confirm/finish the order... so it took your name.

Think you might be out of luck, unless the seller is super customer friendly.

You can check all the time in the process where the items goes to... during shopping in your cart and in the cashier it shows again if it's a gift or not.

One thing I found when trying to buy something as a gift for someone was when I filled out the information for the recipient, if I then clicked on "Buy Now" button on the product page, the process bypassed the gift recipient information and sent the item to me (and left the gift order still in my shopping cart). 

My advice when buying something as a gift is to (1) fill out the gift recipient information, (2) go to your shopping cart (where you should see the item showing that it is a gift and the recipient's name), and (3) complete the purchase from the shopping cart.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.