Furniture semi visible

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am running firestorm on a Linux distro. It appears that everyone else can see the full body of furniture objects but I am unable to see the full object. For instance, there will be a night table with a lamp on it and I will only see the lamp floating. I tried clearing my cache and raising the RenderVolumeLODFactor value to no avail. Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

Edited by rdillon44
put firefox instead of firestorm

I was looking at some partially rezzed couches just tonight. Holes in them. They were made with bad LOD choices, but I could overcome by setting Grapics:general: LOD distance factor to 4, from the default of 2. (default depends on your machine)..... a lot of stuff out there sacrifices LOD for low LI.

1 hour ago, Rhys Goode said:

Grapics:general: LOD distance factor to 4, from the default of 2. (default depends on your machine)..... a lot of stuff out there sacrifices LOD for low LI.

Unfortunately yes but in this case that's not very likely to help. In fact, increasing LoD factor make matters worse - it can dramatically increase the workload of the graphics processor and that again means a bgger chance of render failures.

Personally I still maintain that people who sell mesh that requires LoD factor 4 in 2017 should be hanged, hung, quartered, drowned, shot and beheaded and then forced to write "I will never sell shoddy mesh again" 1,000 times on a blackboard. It's for their own good!

Edit: Oh, and after that little exercise to get their attention, they should be forced to learn by heart all the countless forum posts Drongle, Aquila, Arton, me and many others have posted here about all the far more effective and less destructive ways to save LI.

Edited by ChinRey
Adding an edit
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.