WHY OH WHY????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if you never want to talk to them, wait till they are offline and unfriend them. Then in 3 months when they have figured that out and im you, either say it must have been a glitch, or you were deleting all the deadwood from your friends list and was clicking too fast and must have deleted them by accident. Apologize profusely and offer to friend them again. Its not a permanent solution but in some cases, it can buy you a year of peace.

*smirk*

• Like 4

Could just say what they say on tv a lot..

I gotta do me right now..

Seriously though,Being honest with them from the get go has always worked for me..It's always harder to have to do it later..But even later it's still best for everyone..This way they are not waiting around and you're not dodging them..

It's just a matter of putting it into the right words..And if that doesn't work out the way everyone wanted it..it's a good chance it was never gonna in the first place.

I really hated playing that game for as long as I did when I was newer..

SL was so much better when everyone knew the plan..hehehehe

• Like 3

Im such an introvert that literally the only person on my friends list is my partner.    Mainly cause I hate being hit up right away and cause people popping on and off constantly drives me crazy.  I dont need to know all that but I do want to know when he comes on. ;)  I do find times when I wish I had a buddy or two to go exploring with.  My partner is an 8 hour difference so I spend a lot of time alone, which is fine as I am either creating or otherwise keeping myself busy.  But someone who understood I didnt *always* want to talk or hang out would be just lovely. ;)  most people seem to get offended or I feel pressured to interact.  maybe we should just set up sl play dates with others and try to keep them to a schedule. ;)

• Like 2

On 5/13/2017 at 10:57 PM, lostsoul2017 said:

I`m glad that your friends are excited to see you on and can't wait to talk to you.

yeah sure, a lot of them just want to try to talk me into their bed.

• Like 2

On 13.5.2017 at 8:06 PM, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Can't there be a way to change whether someone can see if your inworld BEFORE you log in???

There is a way to see which of your friends are online. Just log on to the Second Life website an check your friends lsit there.

41 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

There is a way to see which of your friends are online. Just log on to the Second Life website an check your friends lsit there.

That part I knew, what I wanted to do was turn off THEIR ability to see ME before I logged in, lol. (Which I understand we can do now!!)

On 5/13/2017 at 8:06 PM, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Can't there be a way to change whether someone can see if your inworld BEFORE you log in??? (Just wishful thinking) I want to go inworld, but someone is in who will immediately bombard me with PMs. It would just be easier to change his ability to see me ahead of time¬¬

Log in to your account dashboard on a browser, lower left side is the friends online panel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Talligurl said:

yeah sure, a lot of them just want to try to talk me into their bed.

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's step two.

Getting you into my field was step one.

Maddy's "bed" is the locomotive's boiler, and there's room for only one body in there.

Don't be that body, Talligurl.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

That part I knew, what I wanted to do was turn off THEIR ability to see ME before I logged in, lol. (Which I understand we can do now!!)

Can we?

I know exactly how you feel btw. I'm afraid my solution is to stay away from SL as much as possible. I have to be there a few minutes a day to keep an eye on my rentals but once that is done, I log off as fast as I can. Every now and then I get struck by optimism and try to log on to get some work done or to have some fun. But there are so many people who want a little piece of Chin Rey and nobody give anything in return. Once I have handled the queue of IMs, all I have left for myself is frustration and I've probably forgotten what I logged on for anyway.

• Like 1

I wish there was a way to prevent people from seeing me period, I thought that happened when I blocked someone, but I recently learned that that just made it so I couldn't see them or get their IM's. so blocking just limits my knowledge if the SL world and does nothing to them. It occurred to me those people could now say nasty things about me in group chat and I would be clueless. I unblocked everyone.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Snugs McMasters said:

Maddy's "bed" is the locomotive's boiler, and there's room for only one body in there.

Don't be that body, Talligurl.

That thing looks nasty, I am sure there are virtual spiders in there and who knows what other kind of creepy crawly thing. Maddy wants to try to pull it out and I was going to try to help her, but I couldn't rez, so I couldn't get my tractor or my combine to try and push or pull it with them. I like the idea of pushing better than pulling because that way once it starts moving and all those creepy things try to run out I will be at the back away from them.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2017 at 2:48 PM, Talligurl said:

I wish there was a way to prevent people from seeing me period, I thought that happened when I blocked someone, but I recently learned that that just made it so I couldn't see them or get their IM's. so blocking just limits my knowledge if the SL world and does nothing to them. It occurred to me those people could now say nasty things about me in group chat and I would be clueless. I unblocked everyone.

That's been my whole philosophy and approach to scuffs in SL. You want to say something nasty about me? Say it to my face. (which ever face that is I have on that dayxD)

• Like 2

My philosophy is a lot simpler than it used to be..I used to always try to get in the last word or tried to prove my innocence or tried to win some pointless empty victory..That never went well with nasty people or people trying to wreck me..I would just get more mad and more mad..

Finally when people would get nasty or do some silly rumors thing.. I just let the cards fall where they do and let them sort the deck..Because a lot of times those people expose themselves for who they are in time on their own..

Not saying I was an angel or anything in my early days,because I messed up my fair share also..I was not so nice at times myself and wow did I have an ego that just makes me cringe when I think back..

I learned A lot of hard  lessons and got a lot of wake up calls,that's for sure..

I never was like that before I started to be in the clubs and make lots of lindens..*shakes her head,bad Ceka!*

All those things,the good and the bad that I was ,bring me to here right now..So they are all good and needed things to this point.. they make a person more wise if they learn from them thing.

So,My new philosophy is..Life's too short ,which is the best path out of here?I wanna get a good karma bounce..hehehehe

Oh that's another one I used to hear also at times..Ceka Karmas a Beech! I would sometimes say,You mean the golden rule! just trying to get that last word in..

A lot of people think Karma is like some wheel of justice that resembles the golden rule and it's not..

Karma means action,Your doing.

It starts when you are born and goes until your last breath..It's this  line that we walk down that starts out straight and clean..As we go through life we bump into stuff along the way that makes up who we are and where we are now..

By the time we are done,that line looks like  a scribble or seismometer printout ..each point in that scribble in the line or your path ,is your karma..

if i knock a cup off my desk on accident and bend over to pick it up and find a quarter..

If I don't move and touch the cup and do something else,karma..it's my doing.

Ok ,I'm just rambling now..I didn't go to work last night and just waking up and enjoying my first cup..

Sometimes I ramble on  and get corny..hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My philosophy is a lot simpler than it used to be..I used to always try to get in the last word or tried to prove my innocence

I'd never believe you're innocent, why would anyone else? Why would you want them to?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

On 5/18/2017 at 9:18 AM, Gator Peterman said:

Simply don't reply, if that does not  work use the away message, if that does not work, block.

if you don't want to talk to that person, why bother.

The thing is, I DO want to talk to this person, I just didn't want to talk to him THAT particular day! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I never was like that before I started to be in the clubs and make lots of lindens..*shakes her head,bad Ceka!*

Nothing bad about going to clubs and making lots of Lindens, you are helping to keep the SL economy strong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

The thing is, I DO want to talk to this person, I just didn't want to talk to him THAT particular day! 

Basically you have two options, the first just tell him you logged on to get such and such done and don't have time to chat, or say to him "Oh hi great to hear from you, hey my phone is ringing I gotta go AFK a second, brb", and then just never make it back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Stern said:

If the persons(s) in question invite themselves into my presence upon my login all up on me and in my box, there is yet another option "oh damn those 15 second unscheduled Sim Restarts!" :D

Have you been ignoring me? Every time I see you log in, I immediately start "dinging" you to discuss this problem!! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.