What are you watching?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

André Rieu's hair is simply long, that's all - like his hero, Johann Strauss - and it's over his ears, so it's not a mullet. The writer of the article that Maddy linked to wrote the article to be as negative as possible, wherever he could, and he used the word 'mullet' as part of that negativity. Maddy was mistaken.

1 minute ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

This is a mullet 

mullett-boy-imperial-master.jpg

well...

Again you should all stop talking about mullet when its about human male when a frenchie is around ...

idk if we have a name for this hair cut. 

but look at this guy ! he doesnt seem super comfy with the idea to be associated with a mulet ! :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

André Rieu's hair is simply long, that's all - like his hero, Johann Strauss - and it's over his ears, so it's not a mullet. The writer of the article that Maddy linked to wrote the article to be as negative as possible, wherever he could, and he used the word 'mullet' as part of that negativity. Maddy was mistaken.

Here's a positive article, making the same claim...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2852212/Andre-Rieu-sold-records-afford-castle.html

I'd buy the argument that an apple that looks like a pear is still an apple, but I think it's okay to say that a hairstyle that looks like a mullet is a mullet. And, even if his hair isn't really a mullet, I still find it dreadful. I was going to recommend dreadlocks, but I like those better on people who've braided some history into them.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

Naaa. It's not a mullet :) It's better to use your eyes than simply go by what someone wrote. Maybe the guy who wrote the 2nd article took it from the first ;)

Actually, I don't think his hair is dreadful at all. He is huge fan of Johann Strauss (and I am of long hair), and they had long hair back then.

Edited by Phil Deakins

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Naaa. It's not a mullet :) It's better to use your eyes than simply go by what someone wrote. Maybe the guy who wrote the 2nd article took it from the first ;)

Actually, I don't think his hair is dreadful at all. He is huge fan of Johann Strauss (and I am of long hair), and that how the had their hair back then.

I did use my eyes, then wondered if anyone else saw what I saw. Some did.

;-).

Clearly a lot of people see and hear something different. It's a very good thing I'm not the world's arbiter of taste. I liked the Irish Times review, not because it was accurate, nor because I agreed with it. It was just fun to read.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

well you both (Phil and Maddie, arguing like an old couple), in french, we have an expression to describe a stuborn person : "tétu(e) comme un mulet" (studborn like a mule or a donkey). 

That said... that wasnt the topic of this thread... you are both disrupting as always... ^_^

3 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

I just finished binge watching The first season of The Crown. I was thoroughly hooked! 

This one is on my list for watching this summer.

I recently binged through the following series: 

The Fall - BBC

Motice - Canadian

Crossing Lines - Aired on multiple sites/stations, but I picked it up from a Canadian station

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Trinity Yazimoto said:

well you both (Phil and Maddie, arguing like an old couple), in french, we have an expression to describe a stuborn person : "tétu(e) comme un mulet" (studborn like a mule or a donkey). 

We just call people like me "jackass".

51 minutes ago, Trinity Yazimoto said:

That said... that wasnt the topic of this thread... you are both disrupting as always... ^_^

It's what we do. The world needs a little stability and we provide it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trinity Yazimoto said:

picture or it never happened ! :SwingingFriends:

I knew that this was coming. But it's something I do only for very special, limited audiences, like a life partner. :P But to give an idea of what I'm talking about, this is one, but by far not the best (couldn't find any better right now) of Rieus yearning faces. ^_^
mqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.