how do I send a note card to a person that is not a friend, and is not on line.

Bedwyr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How can I send a note card to a person that is not on my friends list and is not on line.   I went to a store front and clicked on a bell for service.  The owner was not on line and a message came up to dend her a note card with my question.  I would like to know how to do this.

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately, many merchants in SL tend to hide their profiles from search (bad business practice IMO), and due to the idiotic way that V2 search work you will be unable to find that merchant to open an IM window. Only 2 ways around this:

1) Find an object that was created by that person and from the object information you can open up their profile and then you will be able to send them an IM or notecard.

2) Use a TPV that is not V2 codebase like Phoenix for example, then you can just search their name and they will show up even if they are hiding their profile.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

To create a notecard, open your inventory and click Create > New Note.  You can right click the text line and rename the note card to something like 'Question regarding...(whatever it is)'

Then, in the body of the notecard, write in simple, plain English what is your issue or question.  Be polite.  If there is a transaction involved, copy and paste that information into the notecard from your Account information on your Dashboard (under Transaction History).  The shop owner needs this information.

Once you have finished writing the notecard, save it.  It will be in your Notecard folder.

Open the profile for the person you are sending it to.  Drag and drop the notecard into the Inventory slot on their profile (it is under the About section).  You will still have a copy of the notecard in your inventory.

You should hear back in a couple of days.  Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.