Problem entering a club?

Lupin0986

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have no idea where to post this, this seems to be the most logical place. I was going to The Blues Cove and I ran into a problem where I was being removed. After a quick google I found it was something that would boot me due to the age of my account. So I figured I'd reach out to the owner who was extremely helpful. She removed the item so That I could join then the actual problem kicked in. Each time I tried to port in, or Teleport to her I was moved into the water. Saying: "Cannot region cross into banned parcel." She looked things over and couldn't find me banned anywhere we tried different things to possibly get me in and after a bout an hour we couldn't figure it out. An extremely frustrating experience for me, I'm still unable to enter the club. I was hoping that someone might be able to help me or direct me to a way of reporting this problem properly. Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

There are three possible ways that you may be blocked from entering an area.  First, you might be on a ban list at the parcel level.  If so, you would show up on the Banned list in About Land for that parcel.  You could be placed on that list manually by anyone with manager-level authorization for the group that owns the parcel, or by a scripted object that is owned by the group.  Second, you could be on the ban list for the estate, which might be a single region or -- if the landowner owns several regions -- could mean all regions in the estate.  Again, the landowner or anyone with manager-level authorization could do that.  Third, you could be placed on a blacklist (personally or as a member of a class of residents by age or any other criterion) for a scripted security system that is owned by the landowner or group.

You might be blocked by any of those systems, or by all of them.  You could also be blocked by an over-zealous security system on a different parcel, if its range is set incorrectly.  Also, depending on the security system, a scripted detector might put you back on its blacklist again even if its owner had previously removed you. Depending on how eager you are to visit that particular club, you may want to see if the owner will be willing to work through all of those possibilities.  Or you could either wait until the age limit expires or find a different club to enjoy.

• Like 2

And there is another possibility. The access permissions may be messed up. Some owners set these without understanding how they interact. The Lindens are in the process of changing how the controls are labeled and adding new ways for them to work. My understanding is the server side has already changed. That seems to have caused some regions to behave differently... banning people not intended to be banned.

There are also the avatar age and payment info on file ban levels. Some regions require your avatar to have info on file. Others require you to have USED payment info, bought something. Without knowing the region's permission settings we can't know if something is wrong.

In general we know it is NOT a viewer thing but a region thing or possibly an avatar thing.

• Like 1

There was definitely a Avatar age problem which is why I was getting ported out the first few times. And what probably caused the mess to begin with. Even after that was disable had the problem and The club owner who I was communicating with couldn't see me on the ban list at all. Which is where the frustration was coming from. She wasn't able to see me as blacklisted. So if It were my avatar thing would there be a way to test that at all? And if it were an avatar thing how would I go about fixing it? I'll try that before doing the region thing. Thank you both for your responses. 

On 5/13/2017 at 3:14 PM, Lupin0986 said:

There was definitely a Avatar age problem which is why I was getting ported out the first few times. And what probably caused the mess to begin with. Even after that was disable had the problem and The club owner who I was communicating with couldn't see me on the ban list at all. Which is where the frustration was coming from. She wasn't able to see me as blacklisted. So if It were my avatar thing would there be a way to test that at all? And if it were an avatar thing how would I go about fixing it? I'll try that before doing the region thing. Thank you both for your responses. 

Avatar age will get you bounced. But, there isn't anything for it to mess up. If the region has an age restriction the system checks you age when you enter. If your age is more than the restriction, you are in. Otherwise not. But, the system doesn't notice your age nor change anything.

I take it you mean the region owner changed the age restriction and you got in.Since you are not in the ban list, it has to be  one of the other settings bouncing you now.

http://blog.nalates.net/2017/04/07/second-life-new-estate-control/   - There are Estate and Parcel access settings. The new controls will allow the Estate Owner to over ride parcel settings for access. So, there is a parcel factor you need to look at too. There is no viewer with the new Estate Controls yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.