Marketplace does weekly or monthly fees?

MzAyyoKayy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im thinking about making a MP for my store but i see a chart on prices going by weekly or monthly. A friend of mine says they havent been charged and there not sure how to pay there MP. So does MP really charge you monthly or weekly? or is it a one time fee? If so could i just pay the lowest price for homepage and not be charged no more?

5 answers to this question

Marketplace sales work on a commission basis. Linden Lab will take the fee out of any sales you make before then paying you the amount left over. The commission is currently set at a 5% rate, thus if you sell something worth L$100 the fee will be L$5 and you'll receive L$95 for the sale.

The other main case where fees are involved is that of listing enhancements (such as your products appearing on the Marketplace front page), but if you're not planning to use those the only fees you'll pay will be automatically taken from your earnings before you are then credited for the items sold.

For more info: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#fees-and-commissions

ETA: I see you are planning to use listing fees. In that case, take note of this section;

Seller Fees for “Enhanced” Listings

You may add listing “Enhancements” to your listing for an additional fee, billed in 7-day, 15-day or 30-day cycles as set forth below. You may add an Enhancement by editing the listing itself and clicking the “Add” button beside any enhancement in the Listing Enhancements section, near the bottom of the “Edit Item Listing” page.

At the end of the applicable 7-day, 15-day, or 30-day Enhanced Listing period, Linden Lab will automatically charge your account in advance for each period, and renew the Enhanced Listing subscription unless you cancel it prior to the next period. You may terminate your Enhanced Listing by either (a) clicking “Edit” in the “Manage Subscriptions” page, within the “My Account” area or (b) using the “Edit Item Listing” page within the listing. Selecting “Don't renew” will terminate the enhancement at the end of the current term. Selecting “Delete” will immediately terminate the enhancement without a refund for the remaining time in the current cycle. Do not select “Delete” unless you are sure you wish to terminate the enhancement immediately

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MzAyyoKayy said:

A friend of mine says they havent been charged and there not sure how to pay there MP. So does MP really charge you monthly or weekly? or is it a one time fee? If so could i just pay the lowest price for homepage and not be charged no more?

If you want to try the paid-for enhanced listing options, go for the cheapest weekly payment option first. Keep a close watch on your sales figures and also on how many times your ad is actually displayed. It shouldn't take more than three or four days before you notice that it's just a waste of money and that'll give you plenty of time to cancel it before the next payment is due.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2017 at 9:46 PM, ChinRey said:

If you want to try the paid-for enhanced listing options, go for the cheapest weekly payment option first. Keep a close watch on your sales figures and also on how many times your ad is actually displayed. It shouldn't take more than three or four days before you notice that it's just a waste of money and that'll give you plenty of time to cancel it before the next payment is due.

Agreed ...

I know I personally like to sift through those from time to time but I know its a hit or miss with how much success you'll actually gain from them. So if you're looking to watch expenses I'd def hold off on them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Agreed ...

I know I personally like to sift through those from time to time but I know its a hit or miss with how much success you'll actually gain from them.

It's hard to give an exact figure but I'd say that by normal advertising rates on the internet an ad on the MP front page should cost about 0.25 L$ for each time it is displayed, possibly less. The ad has to show up 400-500 times every day to match that. I haven't used enhanced listing for a while so I don't know what it is realistic to expect. Does anybody have any data about that?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.