Constant Log-outs

Kodi Kuri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is the same as other people's issues but here goes.

Everytime I log in to SL, I get to move around for about a minute-3 minutes before the game just logs me out and I get the good ol' "Darn..." message. I have researched this issue and some people say its a router issue, some say firewall, blah blah blah. I tried the solutions given in each case to no avail. I tried a different router, I tried port forwarding, I even tried using third party viewers, no luck.

Any other suggestions?

I had this Issue in the Old Phoenix viewer for a while, I checked my ISP speeds etc, I went to 2.0 and seemed to not log out as often and after a few weeks It seemed to clear Up, the steps I took before logging In each time was, Restarting both PC and resetting Router, Clearing cache in the Preferences, and lowering my graphics to Mid. Hopefully It is just temporary like it was for me, as frustrating as it was I as able to stick it out till it stopped doing so

Do you happen to have a Netgear DGN 1000 router? There is a problem with this one that makes it log you out of SL after around 3 minutes.

From what I know there is no solution other than change to a different type.

[EDIT] I see you have tried different routers (of different makes?), so perhaps you need to reset your modem. Unplug it and wait for a minute or so before pluging it in again. Try to test your internet connection at http://www.pingtest.net/ to see if your connection is performing as it should. Lastly, you may experience packet loss, so lower your max bandwidth settings in me->preferences->Setup to see if that helps.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.