Caspervend payment gone astray

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a Caspervend 100 L giftcard for a particular shop and I attached it in order to make a purchase of 99 L, but I accidentally clicked "pay" instead of "giftcard", which is unfortunate but no big deal. The payment was charged to my account, but the item was not delivered, and it turns out that the merchant did not receive the payment, so she understandably would not do a delivery. I'm not going to kick up a stink over 99 L, but it could well have been a much bigger payment.

Has anybody else here come across this problem before?

Thanks a lot.

Ignore the gift card for now since it was not actually used ...

1 hour ago, angeoco said:

The payment was charged to my account, but the item was not delivered, and it turns out that the merchant did not receive the payment,

You can look at your transaction history on your dashboard and find out where that money went..  It is entirely possible (and even probable) that the vendor object you paid is owned by a bot.  You pay the bot, it distributes income among partners and delivers the item you purchased to you.  There are error checking steps involved but that's the basic function.  If something with wrong (this is SL after all) maybe the bot never got the notice that it received payment. 

I'm with you, 99 lindens is not worth the fuss.  But if it were I would send the transaction number along with who got the payment to the store owner.  They will want to know where their money went too!

• Like 1

I know CasperVend had some issues last night. 

We experienced an outage of 25 minutes last night which affected some CasperVend customers (but not all). Despite the outage being short, some vendors were left stuck in an offline profile which was only fixable with a reset. We're investigating why this happened.

The owner might just need to reset the vendor. 

• Like 1

Thanks Rhonda. It was a normal clothes shop. My transaction history shows that the payment was sent to the store owner. I did get in touch with her, she sent me a screenshot of my transactions in her records which had no record of it, and I replied with a link to a screenshot of the full payment details in my records, but I have heard nothing back.

Edited by angeoco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.