Land Holdings

Zunzun Clarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Zunzun Clarity said:

I would like to know if there is a way that my Land Holdings monthly tier could be added to my annual premium payment

Nope.  Tier is always billed monthly.  

ETA:  That is because it is always based on the amount of land held the previous month.  Since it is billed after usage, LL would not want to wait a year to get their money -- or maybe not get it if you remove billing info or deny payment through the billing info.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

If you think about it, you really, REALLY don't want this "feature".

Point One:  Linden Lab does not give refunds.  So, if you paid for land for a year in advance, and then a month down the road sell or abandon it...well, that money would be gone.

Point Two:  Linden Lab charges you tier for the whole month based on the maximum amount of land you held at any time during that month.  Let's extend that concept to a full year.  Your annual Premium fee falls due on January 1, and you pay the $72.00.  On January 2, you buy a whole Mainland region ($195 per month, or $2,340 for the year.)  Linden Lab bills IN ARREARS...that is, when you pay land tier, you are paying for the land you held during the PREVIOUS billing cycle.  So you don't see any bill just yet.  In March, you decide you no longer want the full region.  You sell it, and take a free Linden Home.  Time passes....next January rolls around, and you're slammed with a bill for $2,412...your annual land tier, based on your ownership of a full region during the year, plus your annual Premium dues.  Ouch.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.