GinArcher

Anonymity during public slave use

My girlfriend and I have been on and off SL for years but haven't really worked to become experts on it. We have been enjoying roleplay and specifically dollification play in private. She'd like to take things a bit more public with some timed public access RLV, but we both have public lives in SL that we want to keep separate. Is there any way to have anonymity when in "Doll mode" so that nobody can see my profile name or recognize me when not in "Doll mode"?

There are way too many ways to discover who's who in a region - and for good reason, when you think about it. (One person's "privacy" is another's griefer cloak.)

But alts are free (though their inventories can be expensive). Any other reason that's not an ideal solution?

• Like 1

I was skeptical that it would be possible, but figured I would ask people more knowledgeable about SL. I had not considered the threat of greifers, thank you for that. 

We have both built up large inventories in both private and public categories and really don't want to re-buy either. We will likely just accept the limitations and keep our play as is. 

Thank you very much. 

• Like 1

hi gin,

its good to see you and your gf expanding your horizons :-) .

please don't scared of trolls and wacky people. as qie advised above, please check out the possibility of using an alt.  You can check your wardrobe for items you can mail to your alt and use that for play. Eventually you will meet some nice people you like playing with who are discreet enough for you to play with on your regular account.

that way you balance safety and security with finding new play partners.