Reported for a NO-LOSE Sploder...are Lucky Eggs illegal too?

Alynn Darkrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So a friend of mine recently got reported for having a no-lose sploder, and I guess was told if anything else questionable was found on the sim they could be banned...the only other thing any of us can think of is the Lucky Egg. If a no-lose sploder is a TOS violation, then is the Lucky Egg also a violation? Why or why not, and should we be worried about them losing their account over this? (If no-lose sploders are so terrible then they shouldn't even be 'legal' on marketplace, just saying.)

10 answers to this question

That depends on what a Lucky Egg is.  Since nobody here is a lawyer, all you'll hear from us is opinions, so you're better off reading the SL Gambling Policy and then consulting your own legal counsel.  For what it's worth, Sploders and Sploder-like games may well be in violation of the policy, but Linden Lab does not have staff with enough time to wander all over SL looking for them.  They will respond if someone submits an Abuse Report, though, and will probably keep an eye out thereafter, once they discover that you have had an illegal game.  If they didn't, they could run the risk of attracting the Feds, who can be nasty about Internet gambling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alynn Darkrose said:

(If no-lose sploders are so terrible then they shouldn't even be 'legal' on marketplace, just saying.)

If it is against TOS to even sell them, then I doubt LL has time to thoroughly check every item on the MP, but will respond to a report filed against an item.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alynn Darkrose said:

So a friend of mine recently got reported for having a no-lose sploder,

my first surprise in this... how do you know that?

LL will not really be so open when they get a report, only when there's a real violation, your "friend" wil get a warning or ban.

Also perhaps not wise he/she shared this, The more people know, the more will be added to the story, you already are "guessing" what is told... If he wants to know, he should ask LL, he had that chance when getting the warning.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alynn Darkrose said:

It's me asking a SIMPLE question that only needs a SIMPLE yes or no answer, not more accusations and judgments. YES or NO, are Lucky Eggs a violation of the TOS. 

Re-read the first part of Rolig's response.  We are not LL, but simply other residents.  Without knowing specifically what it is doing, that is the best answer we can give.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alynn Darkrose said:

[ .... ] not more accusations and judgments. YES or NO, are Lucky Eggs a violation of the TOS. [ .... ]

In addition to Rhonda and LittleMe's clarifications, I suggest that you read back through all responses and note that none of us has made an accusation or a judgment about the use of Lucky Eggs or Sploders.   We simply told you what we could, based on limited information, and told you how you could consult the Gambling Policy to inform your own interpretation.  I suspect that you would get a similar response even from a Linden, if one of them posted here.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2017 at 6:08 PM, Alynn Darkrose said:

It's kinda interesting that you say i am 'Guessing' when the real question is not even to do with the back story. It's me asking a SIMPLE question that only needs a SIMPLE yes or no answer, not more accusations and judgments. YES or NO, are Lucky Eggs a violation of the TOS. If you can't answer that then don't waste my time with your own 'guesses'. Thank you.

You're not getting yes/no answers because the question you asked isn't as simple as you thought. Shouting at people about that won't make it simple. The official rules are not big on being certain. Everything is maybe and possibly. It's also more complicated because there isn't one thing called a lucky egg.

But I'm going to waste your time with a guess, as I'm guessing you've got one where people pay money and get a random item. Usually money in / item out is fine. It usually isn't covered by wagering rules. Most of the time, what they're worried about is money in / money out, not things where items are involved. In your situation, I would make sure any signs refer to people getting a random item, not a random prize, just so it's crystal clear they're not getting money.

If I'm wrong, and it is a money in / money out device, remove it. That's almost certainly breaking the rules. That's as close to yes/no as you're going to get.

• Like 2

When the skill gaming policy was introduced there was a section on the forum for discussion. One of the Lindens when asked responded that it was up to the owner's of the sploders/lucky eggs to decide whether they consider them games of skill. So really it's your decision to worry if keeping the lucky eggs/sploders on your land is a violation of TOS. But there seems to be conflicting opinions even among the Lindens what these type of games are. One says in very vague terms you can keep them if you decide they are not against policy but then another bans you for having them on your land. It would be nice to have an official stance from LL. 

All I know is that since the policy was implemented the vast majority of clubs I frequent have kept them without the drama of being reported, but if there is some nasty vindictive people in your community who just want to make trouble don't risk it.

Edited by Gayngel
  • Like 1

It's kinda interesting that you say i am 'Guessing' when the real question is not even to do with the back story. It's me asking a SIMPLE question that only needs a SIMPLE yes or no answer, not more accusations and judgments. YES or NO, are Lucky Eggs a violation of the TOS. If you can't answer that then don't waste my time with your own 'guesses'. Thank you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.