Deploy Plans for the week of 2017-05-08

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/#17.04.26.325840

Scheduled Tuesday 2017-05-09 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/17#17.05.05.326151

Scheduled Wednesday 2017-05-10 07:00-10:30 PDT

Second Life RC LeTigre:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/17#17.05.05.326155

Second Life RC Magnum:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/17#17.05.05.326151

Edited by Mazidox Linden
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, daltonprock said:
Interesting...

Sounds promising, and I hope it all goes as LL expects. I'm at a LeTigre region at the moment, and so far so good. I've been unpacking some stuff, and all seems to be normal.

Note: normal in a good way (sometimes we need to add this.)

Edited by MBeatrix
note added
  • Like 1

It's more than just "interesting".  We see there has been a second tranche of Rolling Restarts to LeTigre regions today.  Why?  So far as I  could tell the LeTigre region I visited last PDT afternoon after the first set of restarts seemed to be working OK - and was on the advertised server version - indeed better than usual, considering its heavy script-load.  Now this and I ask again why?

I just went to look and it now seems that LeTigre has been pushed to the server version slated for BlueSteel and Magnum regions yesterday.  So I guess changing everything wasn't a good idea.  Quel Surprise!

Edited by Ayesha Askham
damn autocorrect doesn't understand the Queen's English, it seems.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MBeatrix said:

Sounds promising, and I hope it all goes as LL expects. I'm at a LeTigre region at the moment, and so far so good. I've been unpacking some stuff, and all seems to be normal.

Note: normal in a good way (sometimes we need to add this.)

19 minutes ago, Ayesha Askham said:

It's more than just "interesting".  We see there has been a second tranche of Rolling Restarts to LeTigre regions today.  Why?  So far as I  could tell the LeTigre region I visited last PDT afternoon after the first set of restarts seemed to be working OK - and was on the advertised server version - indeed better than usual, considering its heavy script-load.  Now this and I ask again why?

No I agree that it is more than "Interesting" as from what I was told they will be trying out Linux OS at least from what I seen before. But we will see, as I will ask my Estate Owner to switch over my region to test out this version. But, lets keep an eye on this for sure.:D

Edited by daltonprock

Something is tickling my Spidey sense here.  I see from the Status blog that there is no mention of Magnum regions being rolled AT ALL, despite what Mazidox posted above.

Now that coupled to the unplanned re-rolling of LeTigre and Cake has me reaching for my protective Foil Hat.  Is something going on that we wot not of??

I suppose it's too much to expect some explanation from The Lab?

• Like 1

This Blog is all new to me. Land was always just that until this last year. Now land is my main focus. How it terra forms, reacts, its physics, the wind, and how prims react on impact with another  prim. 

These last few weeks  we have noticed changes in all these and I have been trying to sort fixes with friends in the same type of  SL. Can someone please tell me if changes have been made to how things react in general. Did you change sim makeup too because I had to move things lower into the ground and in some places water was peeking out which makes for a difficult game. I spent hours  terraforming small areas.  We had to make major changes to our sims and the items that make our game work the way they use to. BUT I do have to say those changes have made things more realistic, but it would be nice to  learn  when these changes  get implemented.

Can you please let me know how can we keep  up with your changes better? We would like to have positive remarks to share with our gamers about  why and how.

On 12/05/2017 at 4:54 PM, Ayesha Askham said:

@Whirly

Thanks for demystifying the situation, Whirly.

It looks, from the bug report and the web page, that some user-content that depends on an external website was failing on Le Tigre. Krafties for sure, but I can think of other systems that might have been affected by the same bug, because they use something external. The Lindens deserve some credit for their fast response, but it ia the usual nul points from the jury for communication.

(There seems to be an unfortunate habit of thinking "everyone knows that" surrounding Second Life. I can't recall seeing a previous mention of Krafties anywhere. Yes, it's not hard to look up, but which is better: "Krafties HUD" or "Krafties game HUD"? You're trying to communicate with somebody every time you submit a JIRA.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.