Sign in to follow this  
Rhonda Huntress

Scripted L$ balance?

I think I know the answer but I need to ask before giving up.

Is there a way to check an owner's balance?  For instance if I have less than 100 lindens I want the script to llOwnerSay("You're broke.");

Nope.   LL have, in the past, refused requests to introduce such a function because it would make clearing people's account balances with fraudulent scripted objects to which they grant debit permissions even easier than it is at present.

I thought so.

I wondered about llTransferLindenDollars the amount to myself and checking for success but not sure if that was possible either.  Oh well.  It's not that important.

7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I thought so.

I wondered about llTransferLindenDollars the amount to myself and checking for success but not sure if that was possible either.  Oh well.  It's not that important.

That works indeed. the transaction_result will return LINDENDOLLAR_INSUFFICIENTFUNDS if you try to pay an amount to yourself that is more than what you actually have.

Actually it's also possible to return the L$ balance with that method as well. At least to a certain amount, because the function is limited to 30 payments per 30 seconds. I'm not sure I would recommend doing this though, because it would spam your transaction history I guess.