Account on Hold

thewhipmastermb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

24 answers to this question

There isn't an actual "hold status".  If LL restricted your account in some way, then you'll have to open a support ticket with them about it.  If you previously cancelled the account and want to re-instate it, follow the link Perrie gave above.  Otherwise, your account should still be there and you just need to log in - unless you've forgotten the password and then you'll need to follow the procedures for that.

If none of those apply, please give more info on how your accunt went to "hold status".

ETA:  I confused posts.  Pierrie did not previoiusly comment on this thread. Ignore that comment and instead see the link Rolig gives for Accounts Overview.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

19 minutes ago, thewhipmastermb said:

I need to come back with my old account from hold status. How is possible?

As Perrie explained, there is no "On Hold" status unless it's one that Linden Lab has imposed for disciplinary reasons.  If they put your account "on hold" because you didn't pay your bills, then pay them.  If you were put on hold temporarily because you violated the TOS, wait until the temporary period has ended.  If you were banned permanently, don't even think about coming back.

If none of those things apply, then your account is not "on hold". You might have actually cancelled it, in which case, you need to follow these instructions  >>> 

Otherwise, just log in.  If you forgot your password, try this >>>

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

follow the link Perrie gave above

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

As Perrie explained

I'm seeing two references to a post by Perrie, but I don't see a post by Perrie.

Has it gone missing?

ETA: I've noticed other posts vanish over the last week or two, so there does appear to be some evaporation going on here.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I replied, I actually had a very similar question pulled up on another tab and got confused:

Okay, that explains one Perrie reference. Hopefully Rolig will respond, too.

But I'm certain that other posts have gone missing. I posted in a thread and made an error that Rhonda brought to my attention a couple posts later. I fixed the error and a day later her post was gone...

... or I'm getting confused, too!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

31 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

ETA: I've noticed other posts vanish over the last week or two, so there does appear to be some evaporation going on here.

We need to ask those forum users if they received a warning about their "trash folder overflowing"!

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Well, I think it was in this thread.  I hate it when people start more than one thread with the same topic.  It's not as bad as in the old forums, but some people still do it.

The crazy part is the other thread was by a different user - well, different Avi name, might have been the same person.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

@Perrie Juran's post was in this thread.  It's poofed.

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm seeing two references to a post by Perrie, but I don't see a post by Perrie.

Has it gone missing?

GVlUhpD.jpg

It still exists in my activity log AND if I follow the link from my log I can see it in its entirety but only only the first three replies show, not the rest of the thread.  Much strangeness.

2 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

GVlUhpD.jpg

It still exists in my activity log AND if I follow the link from my log I can see it in its entirety but only only the first three replies show, not the rest of the thread.  Much strangeness.

And now looking closer that was a different thread by a different poster. 

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Well, it wasn't exactly the same even tho the wording was close.  One asked how long it could sit and the other asked how to get it back.

Okay Rhonda, a week ago I posted this...

And you corrected my attribution of the simplicity/complexity thread to you, rather than Canoro. I fixed that, but your post citing my error isn't in that thread anymore. Can you find it in your activity list?

Unless she specifically told LL not to renew her Premium membership, it has renewed automatically. See the TOS, Sect. 4.3: "if you have purchased or redeemed a subscription-based product or service, each time your subscription comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card or debit your account the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. " 

So, your friend can call Live Chat and ask for specific help.  I suspect that her payment method simply didn't have enough to pay the bill when it came due, so the  transaction bounced.  They'll be able to tell her, though.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Unless she specifically told LL not to renew her Premium membership, it has renewed automatically. See the TOS, Sect. 4.3: "if you have purchased or redeemed a subscription-based product or service, each time your subscription comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card or debit your account the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. " 

So, your friend can call Live Chat and ask for specific help.  I suspect that her payment method simply didn't have enough to pay the bill when it came due, so the  transaction bounced.  They'll be able to tell her, though.

2 hours ago, openheart232000 said:

My friend got premium one year back . She failed to renew yesterday on oversight . now her account is on hold . how to pay to get the premium membership back and relog ?

I *believe* the "on-hold" part only applies to logging into SL grid, that they should still be able to log into the Web Dashboard, where they can go to their billing page, update the billing method, then pay the amount owed. I could be misremembering all this or they may have changed the methods, in which case what Rolig says is the way to go about it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

related to this tread from yesterday?

I wasn't the person that started these other threads although there are some similarities. Mine is now being dealt with by LL via a ticket. They seem very helpful and I'd recommend anyone with a similar issue to try that as a first step.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.