Always logging in an adult hub when last location is down

Abigail Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a solution yet for the problem of always logging into the adult hubs when the last location is down?

I have payment info on file and adult access  enabled so I can go to regions that use it as a griefer prevention etc. but don't want to be greeted by naked avatars with prim bits that are longer then they are themselfs.

You should be able to login at a specific location in your login screen. I don't see another solution.

For example, Rundlelawn or Taravista. These are very low lag and kind neighbourhoods, and you certainly won't be greeted by nakes. Do mind that these regions are subject to rolling restarts each Tuesday of course.

Best of luck.

I have always wondered why the **expletive removed to keep mods happy** LL allows Adult sims to be infohubs. There is only one solution to this problem (when your home sim is offline), and that is to disable Adult land from your preferences and only enable it when you wish to go to one or to search for something adult, also note that now you must have adult enabled in your viewer if you wish to browse adult items in the Marketplace. Also note that search is effed up and sometimes not having Adult enabled makes search results come up short.

In this avi I play a child, and the only reason I keep Adult enabled is because the search seems to be more effed up if it is not, I may be wrong but this is my belief. Although it doesn't happen often it has happened before that my home sim is offline at the time I log in and I am forced tpd to an adult infohub, and although like Ishtara says naked people are not allowed in them they still show up, can you imagine a child avi being forced tpd to such a place by LL and then I will be one who will end up ARd and banned.

To add to my post. I think there needs to be a new feature added for such. When your home sim is offline the login process should be aborted and you should be given a popup that tells you that your home location is offline instead of being teleported to some random place. Then you can log in using the other location method and you can select where to log in. Is there a Jira for this already?

Or, we could just stop being so overwrought about the cartoons around us, and maybe not be running to LL snitching and whining whenever our delicate sensibilities are offended.

Honestly is this really a problem you need to "deal" with?

Ignore what doesn't interest you. Consider how your own life might be made more pleasant if you stop letting the actions or images of others upset you. As long as you aren't spamming the chat with gestures or blaring your music into local voice chat, preventing others from communicating,   or most importantly  telling other people how they must behave, have at it.

I prefer a world where people are who they are and do as they feel, not one where people are who they are allowed to be and do what they are allowed to do.

RL has enough limitations for me.

I encourage you to be as disgusted as may suit you, just dont try to limit others so that you can be unoffended.

Cheers,

Leah

And you are preaching to me because?

I am the last person to be offended by nudity or foul language or anything that others find offensive. I am the last person to giave a crap what others do in SL, to each his own. I am one of the few open minded people on this forum who is always speaking up against censorship. 

Princessleah Sabretooth wrote:

Or, we could just stop being so overwrought about the cartoons around us, and maybe not be running to LL snitching and whining whenever our delicate sensibilities are offended.

Ignore what doesn't interest you. Consider how your own life might be made more pleasant if you stop letting the actions or images of others upset you. 

Never in my posts above did I ever say I was offended by anything. Nonetheless I do agree with you 100% with your statement. So when I decide to paly in this alt which happens to be a child avi, I do so because it is my own life and I chose what to do with it correct? So if I happen to be dropeed in an adult infohub because my home sim happens to be offline I wouldn't have any problems with that at all if it were not for the fact that the majority of people in SL are not as open minded as some of us are and do not follow with your statement, instead they AR before ones avatar has even had the chance to rez.

I do hope you meant to reply to OP and not me because I never said anything about being offended. I only offered a simple solution that would help aliviate any problems for anybody whether they are or are not offended by anything. 

George,

You hit the nail on the head! I on the other hand hit my own thumb OUCH! Yes I meant to reply to the OP not you.

I think your idea to allow you to select where you WILL be TP'd to in the event of failure is an excellent idea.

While I myself am not big on "protecting my tender sensibilities" such as they are. I'm perfectly fine with giving people the choice to. Not to mention, as you so wisely point out, it would allow me to TP without theworry of being AR'd and having to defend myself or wait out a temp ban.

With fond regards,

Leah

Don't forget the other side of the coin.

I am not sure whats up with the rule for "No Nudity" (just simple nudity) at adult hubs.

But the move according to maturity prefrence when a sim is not availble was touted as a fix for the dreaded:

Crashed or logged out naked and then relogged in naked to a PG hub, OMG!

The fact that people are choosing the adult setting but do not want to see naughty bits seems to point at something wrong with the maturity settings implimentation &  the whole "More predictable expeience" concept.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.