BILLING ISSUE

aasimmunir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi everyone, is there a billing issue these days? i am trying to purchase linden dollars, we have this joint business and me and my colleagues cannot buy any lindens, the transaction proceeds but we cannot get the lindens, my bank notifies me of the transaction. but we get an error. tried from multiple accounts. any help please?

8 answers to this question

What is the error? What type of payment method are you trying to use? 

The page itself it is working fine - I just bought Lindens. You may need to open a support ticket if the bank thinks things are okay, but it doesn't actually process.

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that seems for me to 99.9% impossible... LL doesn't have bankaccounts as payment methods

Though it makes sense if your credit card it through your bank.  Actually, if I make a transaction via Paypal and it ends up pulling money from my bank account, I would get a message telling me that money was pulled. 

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Though it makes sense if your credit card it through your bank.  Actually, if I make a transaction via Paypal and it ends up pulling money from my bank account, I would get a message telling me that money was pulled. 

yes but as far i know you get a notification of paypal.. not your bank.

If later your bank comes with a error, it's not a glitch in SL but between Paypal and the bank.. most likely because the bank doesn't give a immedeate transfer and paypal blocks the payment to LL.

Actually, I get a notification from both, but that is because my bank account is set up to notify me of every transaction. 

It is unlikely though that a bank would just send out notifications of card stuff that does not actually process.

As Alwin suggested in response to an earlier post in this thread, it may not be a matter of legality but a simple matter of timing.  Banks typically cannot make electronic transfers fast enough to satisfy the demands of immediate payment, which is why Linden Lab generally does not accept bank-issued debit cards as payment methods.  More sophisticated systems like Amazon may handle transactions rapidly, but the Linden Lab accounting system, like many other commercial systems, will time out after a minute or so if they haven't received payment from your registered payment method.  Meanwhile, the bank will have received the request and will show it on their records as a "pending" transfer.  What LL seems to be telling you is that they can't accommodate your card's slow transfer rate.  A PayPal or Skrill account is often a better choice to use as a payment method, and is a necessity if you ever want to submit a credit transfer request to take money out of SL.

You might try calling the SL Billing Office directly to discuss options.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at 800-294-1067 (FREE in the US and Canada) at any time 24/7.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Actually, I don't believe there's even a quarter of a minute passed from the time I clicked the buy button and that error message appeared. And this thing has been happening for about 2 weeks now. And, I've been purchasing linden $ using this very method for more than 7 months now; this is the first time it's ever happened. Furthermore, even if you're right, I can't see how it can be a "security concern" to tell me about it. In fact they should have told me that. Unfortunately I'm living outside the free-to-call-for-help countries listed and calling them from here would cost a lot of fortune..

Edited by AstoriaOrleans
typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.