Krankhaus HUD appearing all white?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm trying it just edit my avatar like I do regularly, and I use a lot of Krankhaus' products. I never had an issue with their customization HUDs before, but now when I try to attach it, they appear completely white. I can't pinpoint the problem since every other HUD I have is working normally. It i happening only when I try to bring up a HUD from Krankhaus. 

I'm not really sure how to approach this problem.
I already tried:
- Restarting the viewer
- Using a different viewer
- Checking any possible color changes made in the edit (but it it's locked so I wouldn't have been able to change it in the first place)
- If other HUDs are doing this (and they're not)
- Updating/getting a brand new item that uses the HUD system

Any solutions or attempts to one would be very much appreciated!
Thank you!

help_wtf.JPG

5 hours ago, gekkouai said:

- Updating/getting a brand new item that uses the HUD system

Now this is cool. Is it new or did I just miss it all along. You can now easily quote just a bit of a post. A black box comes up and says "quote this?"  Likely me just being dense before.

Anyway. You say you tested getting a new item that uses the hud. Did you get a NEW HUD?  It seems likely that something went wrong with the hud. The texture that went ON the hud could have disappeared from the database (been there).  IF that hud takes only one texture (rather than a hud that has lots of little prims each with its own texture) that seems the most likely issue.

Best to contact the maker of the hud (actually the previous owner as a hud maker might have made a hud for resale and you want the person that sold it to you)    and let them know. If you had problems with more than one viewer then it isn't likely it is a cache issue, but probably good to try clearing that just in case before writing.

Oh, question.  If you click somewhere on the hud, does it still DO something? That is does the hud still work but you just can't see where to click? I had a hud on a tank top that would do that at times. It had MANY prims though and the prim "behind" had apparently been too close. It eventually sorted itself out somehow -- nothing that I did. I DID work all the time though, just looked white. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Oh, question.  If you click somewhere on the hud, does it still DO something? That is does the hud still work but you just can't see where to click? I had a hud on a tank top that would do that at times. It had MANY prims though and the prim "behind" had apparently been too close. It eventually sorted itself out somehow -- nothing that I did. I DID work all the time though, just looked white. 

One out of all the texture HUDs I tried did respond to one of my clicks but it never did ever again. 

3 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Crazy idea... edit the 'white' hud, and rotate it z axis by 90/180/270 degrees and see if its 'white' on all 4 sides

OMG! It worked! It was on the other side the whole time... I don't understand though how it could have happened? When I rezzed it on the ground, it was facing me and it was operational. When I rez it on my HUD it was just turned around?? Interesting....

So weird because even HUDs that previously worked before from this maker were turned around even though they usually attached properly...

Thank you both for your help though!! Really appreciate it.

wow.JPG

Glad you worked it out. It is tricky for some folks to rotate huds on screen, I get that. Hence my rez suggestion. Likely nothing you did. Lots of odd database things going on lately :D. But now you are SMARTER!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gekkouai said:

OMG! It worked! It was on the other side the whole time... I don't understand though how it could have happened? When I rezzed it on the ground, it was facing me and it was operational. When I rez it on my HUD it was just turned around?? Interesting....

So weird because even HUDs that previously worked before from this maker were turned around even though they usually attached properly...

The HUDs are probably built the wrong way around by default. And are edited while worn. This only works as long as you attach the HUDs to the same attachment point everytime. If you choose another HUD attachment point, the HUD will revert to it's default zero rotation, facing to the wrong direction.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.