Another show-off your avatar challenge

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can never have enough such challenges. This one is a bit different though, so different I'm curious to see if anybody takes it on at all.

The basic rule is simple:

• Create an complete avatar using nothing but items found in the Library folder!

Easy, isn't it? Except you probaby won't get many likes if you simply post an image of one of the ready made combos, you need to be a bit more creative than that.

There are two classes.

• No modify: you can combine items any way you like but you can not edit any of them
  • Modify: Use all those sliders to your hearts content to change any system clothing and body part, resize and reposition any attachments any way you like. Retexture if you want to but if you do, only use textures from the library folder.

Oh, I think I have to mention, the library copies of the most recent starter avatars are broken and there's no way to actually get them from the library. The workaround is to wear the avatar from the "Choose your avatar" menu option and retrieve any objects you like from there. This is allowed. As long as an item is listed in the library folder, you can use it even if you got it from somewhere else.

Hope to see both some gorgeous "regular" avatars and some really crazy ones. Remember, any item can be worn as part of an avatar, not just the ones that were meant to be used that way. How would a bunch of Silent Mole's tubeworms work as hair? ^_^

Edited by ChinRey
typos
  • Like 1

I brought out the all-pet library girl combo! I couldn't include one pet in the picture because it auto adjusts it's height and it was out of the picture. This is a mod entry because I moved all the pets around.

Chinrey Contest.png

Edited by Bree Giffen
more text..
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, Chase01 said:

I think I am going to bow out of this one lol ... Cheers!

Yes, I may have to do the same myself, this was even harder than I thought. There are actually some really good avatar contents in the Library but making a great looking complete avatar from them, that's really hard. Some of the starter avatars aren't that bad - at least not the last batch of premesh avis and the set they came up with to repalce that first mesh avi disaster - but there's a logn way from "not that bad" to "great". ;)

And as for the unmodified class, well even Ebbe had to give up on that. He was trying soooo hard to prove the quality of the starter avatars but in the end even he had to give up and modify those spades the avatars have at the ends of their arms to make them look like something resembling hands.

Edit: Completely forgot. After trying some of the Library avatyars, here's a great tip to everybody at Linden Lab and others who want to make AOs but have absolutely no clue how to do it: Make sure the animation switch intervals in the script match the actual animations lengths. If you don't, you get those jerky jumps that are the sur sign of a bodged AO build. Most AO scripts, including the ZHAO, require the long animations (stands, walks, sits etc.) to last exactly 20 seconds so that's a good, reliable standard.

Edited by ChinRey
Forgot something
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.