Jump to content
Annika Velde

Inventory Cleaning?

Recommended Posts

You can take pictures of your Outfits right in the viewer now, and save them to a gallery.  It doesn't cover all inventory items like CTS Wardrobe, but it doesn't require an external website, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 3:18 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

"It is easier to keep house than to clean house."

Once you get organized it's a snap to keep.

It's too late for me...

2dcd0bc3eadfe63710a8b294e9d16884.jpg&f=1

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

I got told anything above 25K items in Inv can cause login lag. Is that true ?

Only if you have thousands of items in a single folder that aren't divided up into subfolders. My inventory is currently at 53k but I use subfolders a lot.

And don't forget that 3,500 of your total is the Library, so my reported 53k is really less than 50k. 

If you use Firestorm, it will tell you the difference in the numbers:

200128_001.thumb.jpg.945e66165f3231bfdbd2dbaeb09c4896.jpg

Here you can see that my actual inventory (objects) is really only 45k, plus 4,444 folders and subfolders.  

The official viewer counts only the objects, not the folders.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I got told anything above 25K items in Inv can cause login lag. Is that true ?

I can’t find the source so I’m tagging for confirmation but I was told that @Oz Lindensaid that more than 1000 items in any one folder or sub-folder can cause lag. I’d really also like to know if overall inventory size can cause lagginess and if so, what kind.

I’m managing my inventory this year. A lot of it I’m just boxing up first to reduce the total number of items so I can sort by manageable chunks into sections. I don’t have a goal number yet to get down to but if there’s a ballpark number to be under for better efficiency, that would be really good to know. Until last year, I did not divide my focus over more than one avatar so Fauve’s account hovers around 100k, with nearly 12 years of stuff, plus much of the Company Wardrobe of Ballet Pixelle stuffed in there. 😹

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I got told anything above 25K items in Inv can cause login lag. Is that true ?

My inventory is currently around 130-135 K and my log in time is maybe 1-2 seconds slower than an alt that has maybe 1000 items beyond the inventory.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I can’t find the source so I’m tagging for confirmation but I was told that @Oz Lindensaid that more than 1000 items in any one folder or sub-folder can cause lag. I’d really also like to know if overall inventory size can cause lagginess and if so, what kind.

I’m managing my inventory this year. 

Hmmm, do confirm if you find out .. and I've been a guard dog on my inv this year. Like say I buy a sweater. The classics, LM, nc and ones not for my av type all get binned now. Tough love I calls it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Hmmm, do confirm if you find out .. and I've been a guard dog on my inv this year. Like say I buy a sweater. The classics, LM, nc and ones not for my av type all get binned now. Tough love I calls it.

I've always gotten rid of all the sizes that I don't use, though with BOM I now regret getting rid of the alphas that came with outfits.  I keep pictures of outfits & items, only keep notecards that are instructions for how to work something, and ditch pretty much all else.  I don't even keep the original box on probably 95-99% of the things I unpack -- only for really big purchase items.  I also don't keep hardly any landmarks these days, at least for stores - primarily because too many change, so they become invalid anyway. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

... with BOM I now regret getting rid of the alphas that came with outfits ... 

Um. Theres some great free multi pak alphas on the MP, old types, I didnt realise they work on BOM altho I understood clothes layers do. Dig 'em out.  I had a fest grabbing old reseller layers on the MP too, a rich source of low cost layers and some are really good. Of course, it didnt do the Inv much good but  ... 

Edited by rasterscan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I had a fest grabbing old reseller layers on the MP too, a rich source of low cost layers and some are really good.

I did this also. Though you really should pop those PSD files into your photo editor and resize to 1024x1024 and then touch them up for the new BOM standards. :D I plan to throw some outfits out for free as a "BOM Starter" kit for people. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 6:53 AM, Fauve Aeon said:

I can’t find the source so I’m tagging for confirmation but I was told that @Oz Lindensaid that more than 1000 items in any one folder or sub-folder can cause lag. I’d really also like to know if overall inventory size can cause lagginess and if so, what kind.

Inventory size does not affect lag in any way that I know of (where in this case 'lag' means impact on movement and visual updates).

If your inventory has more than a few thousand items in the same folder (where an item is either an object or a sub-folder), it can affect the time it takes you to log in; if that effect becomes large enough it can cause your login to time out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much, this is why it’s good to confirm, I’m sorry for my dis-information folks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of right this minute... 129, 781 items.  It should also be taken into account I have over 3,000 unopened blogger packs in need of opening and sorting through.

 

e8eee99aae47d648d936726882974c1d.png

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

 I have over 3,000 unopened blogger packs in need of opening and sorting through.

thought those were send to you for reviewing an blog about it?  ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Thank you very much, this is why it’s good to confirm, I’m sorry for my dis-information folks. 

You got us confirmation via LL, Fauve, I don't think you should be apoligising for it. X

Edited by rasterscan
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

You got us confirmation via LL, Fauve, I don't think you should be apoligising for it. X

Thanks, I guess it’s good to get a misinformation squashed. I’d just rather be coming from a more informed place instead of starting from a place of ‘I heard that....x’, and it’s something that needs correcting.  
 

side note that might need its own thread: I just wish there was a better understanding of low latency.  I have some puzzlingly low frame rates sometimes but I’m moving fine and avatars and the world are rezzing fine, but then some days the textures I see are blurred and keep re-rezzing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Thanks, I guess it’s good to get a misinformation squashed. I’d just rather be coming from a more informed place instead of starting from a place of ‘I heard that....x’, and it’s something that needs correcting.  
 

side note that might need its own thread: I just wish there was a better understanding of low latency.  I have some puzzlingly low frame rates sometimes but I’m moving fine and avatars and the world are rezzing fine, but then some days the textures I see are blurred and keep re-rezzing. 

It's not misinformation if you express any doubt about it and ask for confirmation; at that point it is not "information," but rather "an understanding."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

some days the textures I see are blurred and keep re-rezzing

Typically this means that the texture cache is thrashing.  If you can't increase the cache size any more, sometimes I simply go to my AppData location and remove the texture cache and let it start over on my next log in.  That isn't typically a recommended fix, but it will usually works when all else fails.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...