How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 11/28/2019 at 9:19 PM, Marut72 said:

This is my first attempt at photography in Second Life, but I need to be honest that I am a boudoir photographer in real life.

Please meet Charlie...

191128charlie.jpg

Does this mean that you'll be gracing this thread with boudoir pics of your avi?

Asking for a friend.

Great pic! I'd never have thought this was a first attempt if you hadn't said so.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is one of the most beautiful portrait shots I've seen . . . well, ever.

I am humbled that you think so. I'm not sure if it would be the "Mona Lisa" smile I used or that I use 60 points on the "Face Sheer" slider on the head tab; my face is "warped" slightly toward the left... like most people in RL (asymmetrical to a small degree). 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 7:36 PM, Matty Luminos said:

I'm an "it," apparently.  Well this is how fabulous an It looks.

fabulous_it_003.thumb.jpg.1388cdbc8d105c73ee8a4892ce04227e.jpg

You DO look fabulous!

I am really poorly equipped to represent as non-binary, but I think I look a little fabulous here too.

Non-Binary-Blank.thumb.png.50ef3ba8c1d2a0891f8069d0dad35ec9.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 25

11 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I use 60 points on the "Face Sheer" slider on the head tab; my face is "warped" slightly toward the left... like most people in RL (asymmetrical to a small degree).

Interesting idea!

I've never used shape sliders to produce an asymmetrical look, but I do use my expression HUD frequently to create that kind of subtle effect -- like, one eye opened a bit more than the other, or a slightly lopsided smile. I like adding something that is a teeny bit jarring, but also, as you say, actually more realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Does this mean that you'll be gracing this thread with boudoir pics of your avi?

Asking for a friend.

Great pic! I'd never have thought this was a first attempt if you hadn't said so.

Thank you for the compliment and inquiry. I will not be gracing the forum with boudoir photos of my avi because marketplace lacks clothing. But I can by request! It might have to be full Chippendale Nudes! :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I should have thought that a lack of clothing was the least of impediments to boudoir photos?

Quite the opposite. The difficulty here lies in what a person understands by the word ‘boudoir’. In France, where it started, women of society were excluded from most of the fun activities men were known partake in. Late nights with cigars and the gentlemen’s clubs. What they had however were these private ‘boudoirs’. Personal bedrooms where they could retreat to and pray. Men were not allowed. They were forbidden to enter. Over time, some naughty things were rumoured to have take place there. Men and women alike imagined all kinds of things that either were and were not taking place in the ‘boudoir.

Photography, at the turn of the century made it possible for people to explore these bedrooms  further and so the word ‘boudoir’ expanded to such things like burlesque, pin-up, and nudes. But clothing has always been at the heart of it all (except for the nudes of course)

The word boudoir means many things to many people but the experience can in fact be quite  liberating.  

Boudoir is about a story. The lights and the background help to set the mood and theme, but it is very much the clothing that both shapes and says something unique about the subject. The two of them go together. They are inseparable  

Thats is how I see boudoir and boudoir photography. My friend just see the nipples but that’s on, I love them anyways.

This is probably way to long and far more complicated response than you probably cared to read but I just didn’t know how else to respond.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marut72 said:

Quite the opposite. The difficulty here lies in what a person understands by the word ‘boudoir’. In France, where it started, women of society were excluded from most of the fun activities men were known partake in. Late nights with cigars and the gentlemen’s clubs. What they had however were these private ‘boudoirs’. Personal bedrooms where they could retreat to and pray. Men were not allowed. They were forbidden to enter. Over time, some naughty things were rumoured to have take place there. Men and women alike imagined all kinds of things that either were and were not taking place in the ‘boudoir.

Photography, at the turn of the century made it possible for people to explore these bedrooms  further and so the word ‘boudoir’ expanded to such things like burlesque, pin-up, and nudes. But clothing has always been at the heart of it all (except for the nudes of course)

The word boudoir means many things to many people but the experience can in fact be quite  liberating.  

Boudoir is about a story. The lights and the background help to set the mood and theme, but it is very much the clothing that both shapes and says something unique about the subject. The two of them go together. They are inseparable  

Thats is how I see boudoir and boudoir photography. My friend just see the nipples but that’s on, I love them anyways.

This is probably way to long and far more complicated response than you probably cared to read but I just didn’t know how else to respond.  

lol

Well, it's more complicated than I expected, but 'I'm not complaining at all: it's very interesting.

I very much like the idea of "boudoir" originating in private women's spaces. In the period that I study, in England, these were often called "closets": they were private places, small and comfortably furnished rooms really, that were sanctuaries for the homemaker. They didn't, so far as I can recall, ever take on the connotations that you describe, but in a novel, the invasion of a woman's private closet by a male was almost always bad news.

And I totally take your point about clothes, and about story. It's sort of what I like trying to do in my photos. And I've always thought that the most alluring look is produced by artfully chosen and arranged clothing, rather than by mere nudity. (Not that there's anything wrong with nudity, either.)

• Like 1