How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

OMG Catrie, what a really clever idea!

And it's waaaaaaay more than a decent pic: it's gorgeous! Owing, it is important to note, not to any element of imitation, but to your own talent! I'm really jealous of this pic!

(It's too meta of me to want to imitate Catrie "imitating" me, right?)

It's beautiful. I'm flattered, but more amazed.

awww... thanks.  I'm so glad you like it.  This is what happens when I need something to do. lol  I needed an outfit that was more "Scylla", so I had to go buy one. So win/win. lol 

It's never too meta to imitate me imitating you. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Damn, girl. I bought that same sweater in that exact colour!

NOW what am I going to wear?????

(Beautiful pic! I love the way you set up your expression and gaze!)

I bought the fatpack. So, you wear this sweater and I'll wander around in one of the other shades! We won't show up at some place in the same shirt. XD

And thank you! It's a combination of a Vista Zoe AO and the Anypose HUD to move the eyes. Using the actual LAQ HUD to do expressions gives me fits, but I usually have the Smile 1 animation on, and it overrides the mouth - which can look a little pouty with the AO.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I bought the fatpack. So, you wear this sweater and I'll wander around in one of the other shades! We won't show up at some place in the same shirt. XD

And thank you! It's a combination of a Vista Zoe AO and the Anypose HUD to move the eyes. Using the actual LAQ HUD to do expressions gives me fits, but I usually have the Smile 1 animation on, and it overrides the mouth - which can look a little pouty with the AO.

Well, it just shows what terrifically good taste we both have, right?

I used to use a Vista AO for my expressions, and changed over to the Genus HUD when it came out. I should check it out again, but I remember thinking I didn't like it as much.

I use the Anypose as well, selectively. You might think about checking out the Lelutka Axis HUD, which I use pretty much all the time: it gives you really fine control over every element of the face (although, of course, it's static).

That said, what you've done here looks wonderful.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Damn, girl. I bought that same sweater in that exact colour!

NOW what am I going to wear?????

(Beautiful pic! I love the way you set up your expression and gaze!)

Hey, me too! Exact color. She usually leaves her Saturday sale stuff out all week so I better go get another color! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was checking out the new SIM and found this cute church... it was super cold so I just sat alone and this was just a quick photo of me in thought. Sometimes it's great to just sit quietly away from distractions and think.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 10.46.42 AM.png

• Like 26

49096550146_7a180cd0db_c.jpg

A larger version is here Flickr.

I found this way hot GAS made mini at the Swank Event. The skirt is L$100... in 10 colors plus 10 lace colors. There are tops from GAS. The GAS almost a top I am wearing is L$160 for 30 colors.

The location is Mopire City. This is a great place to tweak sun location via Windlight (FS Phototools) to get the lighting you want. You get interesting shadows when you play with sun location. 

6 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

But I also learned about my one major weakness. Lighting in an already lit area. So I gotta figure out how ...

There have been some excellent video tutorials on controlling light in SL. William Weaver used to have a bunch. But, most of the latest really good ones he took down. :(

But, there are other tutorials. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="second+Life"+windlight+photo You can turn off the local lighting via Windlight settings and go with only your lights. FS Phototools allows you to move the sun North~South and East~West.

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

49096550146_7a180cd0db_c.jpg

A larger version is here Flickr.

I found this way hot GAS made mini at the Swank Event. The skirt is L$100... in 10 colors plus 10 lace colors. There are tops from GAS. The GAS almost a top I am wearing is L$160 for 30 colors.

The location is Mopire City. This is a great place to tweak sun location via Windlight (FS Phototools) to get the lighting you want. You get interesting shadows when you play with sun location. 

There have been some excellent video tutorials on controlling light in SL. William Weaver used to have a bunch. But, most of the latest really good ones he took down. :(

But, there are other tutorials. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="second+Life"+windlight+photo You can turn off the local lighting via Windlight settings and go with only your lights. FS Phototools allows you to move the sun North~South and East~West.

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely give it a try. But I was meaning the lighting that was built into a backdrop. I find that I have a much easier time, when I put out my own projector lights. But in the case of this one, the lighting was already there and no matter how much I tried. The lighting just didn't work well, the only windlight that worked, helped to mask it a bit. But not enough to get it to not be as radiating as it was.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely give it a try. But I was meaning the lighting that was built into a backdrop. I find that I have a much easier time, when I put out my own projector lights. But in the case of this one, the lighting was already there and no matter how much I tried. The lighting just didn't work well, the only windlight that worked, helped to mask it a bit. But not enough to get it to not be as radiating as it was.

I didn't get that. Sorry. But, there are some great tutorials out there.

To kill in-world lights there are settings in Preferences that let you do that, Graphics->General (tab)->Local Lights (checkbox). In some cases you may need to kill the glow too, look in Firestorms Phototools. There is a tab for DoF/Glow.

• Like 2

I'm contemplating how I'm going to deck (pun pun!) out the new houseboat I scored today. I've been scoping out this region in Bellisarria for quite a while. When the sim released I was mashing buttons, swearing, and getting "Sorry but..." messages from SL and SURE that I was going to get shut out, then... tada! This is about 98% perfect for me. Not only does it have a nice view uptop, but it is also up against sandy land, with a road, so I can just as easily walk or drive out to explore as I can boat out. I like the sandy areas because they remind me of places I have lived in RL that were near water. (Quick, raw screenshot.)

houseboat 11 2019_001.png

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm contemplating how I'm going to deck (pun pun!) out the new houseboat I scored today. I've been scoping out this region in Bellisarria for quite a while. When the sim released I was mashing buttons, swearing, and getting "Sorry but..." messages from SL and SURE that I was going to get shut out, then... tada! This is about 98% perfect for me. Not only does it have a nice view uptop, but it is also up against sandy land, with a road, so I can just as easily walk or drive out to explore as I can boat out. I like the sandy areas because they remind me of places I have lived in RL that were near water. (Quick, raw screenshot.)

houseboat 11 2019_001.png

Should we call you Tammy from now on?

Edited by Conall DeCuir
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2