Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Not so much a "how my avatar looks today" as it is a "how I can help other guys to look good" (so it's rather a cheek to post it here, but hey... *winning smile*) but I've finally begun work on the Style 101 series of posts for guys that I've been planning. I've started with the absolute basics of the system avatar, since I felt it was important to explain all of that stuff before delving into the more complicated stuff. That post is here, if anyone wants to look it over. Next post will explain how to edit worn items, work with the camera controls, and suchlike.

And, so this isn't just a text-only shameless self-promo post... :D

36269488935_a161e1521b_b.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Not so much a "how my avatar looks today" as it is a "how I can help other guys to look good" (so it's rather a cheek to post it here, but hey... *winning smile*) but I've finally begun work on the Style 101 series of posts for guys that I've been planning. I've started with the absolute basics of the system avatar, since I felt it was important to explain all of that stuff before delving into the more complicated stuff. That post is here, if anyone wants to look it over. Next post will explain how to edit worn items, work with the camera controls, and suchlike.

And, so this isn't just a text-only shameless self-promo post... :D

36269488935_a161e1521b_b.jpg

Great blog post.  I bookmarked it if you don't mind, to share with people who will need it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Great blog post.  I bookmarked it if you don't mind, to share with people who will need it

Thank you, and I don't mind at all. That's the main reason why I'm writing the series :)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Thank you, and I don't mind at all. That's the main reason why I'm writing the series :)

I think this is going into my profile... I should have a pick left.... hmmm or mention it in one of the existing... but yeah this needs to be out there!!!!!!!

edit: aaaaaaand it went in there... shiny new pick but DAMN!!!!

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I can't wait till you get beyond "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

Nor can my neighbours ;)

I really love this edit, actually. Thank you!

21 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I think this is going into my profile... I should have a pick left.... hmmm or mention it in one of the existing... but yeah this needs to be out there!!!!!!!

edit: aaaaaaand it went in there... shiny new pick but DAMN!!!!

Aww, thank you so much :) I didn't have time last night or this morning to create the page that will hold links to all the tutorials, but once that's done it'll be the best place to link people to. Hopefully I'll get around to creating that page tonight.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Since you all look so fabulous here, can someone recomend skins that work good with LeLutka Chloe or Greer?

there are a few skin stores which are "safe" quality-wise (I´m so out of my game, unfortunately.... - I´d suggest 7deadly skins, Glam Affair, WoW Skins - I know those are still around - there´ll be others who are more up to date and will have suggestion, too). But in the end it is YOU going around, grabbing the demos she can get and try and look what suits your taste and shape ;)  Have fun doing so and keep us posted

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

Aww, thank you so much :) I didn't have time last night or this morning to create the page that will hold links to all the tutorials, but once that's done it'll be the best place to link people to. Hopefully I'll get around to creating that page tonight.

hahah anytime  - I´ll just exchange the link when you got round to do it^^

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Since you all look so fabulous here, can someone recomend skins that work good with LeLutka Chloe or Greer?

Izzy's has some that work wonderfully with LeLutka heads.  This is Daphne on LeLutka Simone.  I have been considering Greer to replace Simone mostly because I like Greer's lips better.  I really like the way the nose works.

Snapshot_062.jpg.5777a8eae96d8bf0b354e3f5b2267e7d.jpg

And this is the same sink (lighter shade) on LeLutka's May head.

Snapshot_119a.jpg.40b8d52a1843abcafae80a51aadadbaa.jpg&key=8a82befcc5fa856226121a43f11ad2cdbeeb84ec01fe5d484a0f20849e9215d7

If I were home I would post a pic with this skin on a Greer demo.  It is a little bit softer than I normally wear but I still like it.

[eta]
The forum avatar is wearing a Glam Affair skin; I can't remember if it is stock or one I picked up from the store, tho.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 5

Ok. Decisions have been made and money (lots of it, I will consider it a birthday present to myself) has been spent. I'm now saying good bye to the last "system" part of my avatar.

I chosed the LeLutka Bento head with a skin applier from League called "Luna".

Before.png.1c189c4a24728898b4f019a3f22048c9.pngAfter.png.58a06e26548a1dbda87912db1a55b36c.png

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Ok. Decisions have been made and money (lots of it, I will consider it a birthday present to myself) has been spent. I'm now saying good bye to the last "system" part of my avatar.

I chosed the LeLutka Bento head with a skin applier from League called "Luna".

Before.png.1c189c4a24728898b4f019a3f22048c9.pngAfter.png.58a06e26548a1dbda87912db1a55b36c.png

I see a hint of Scarlett Johansson, but the ears give you away.

;-).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I see a hint of Scarlett Johansson, but the ears give you away.

;-).

Oh, now I can put a name on it! I created that shape months ago from my original shape (with adjustments to the mesh head) and always had this weird feeling that her face reminded me of someone.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I've been working on an updated avatar and a backdrop/landscape for its snapshot. I love flying around with this one.

MEOW!

• Like 1