How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 9/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, SunnySunnyson said:

I have a request: I've had a couple of friends in rl who were actually good art photographers. I have no aspirations of making good art. But, I want to be artful at least some of the time in here. I attended critiques with them sometimes and their peers would (in mostly friendly ways) tear their photograph apart which gave them ideas about how they might have done the piece differently. So...when I post here (or my alt, Rhee), feel free to IM me with suggestions of what you think I could have done differently to make a better shot (whatever, setting, composure, WL, pose, outfit, anything). Some of you consistently post such lovely photos and I'd like to improve my game. Feel very free to offer constructive criticism.

The challenge in helping is separating what I like to get to what you like. I like dramatic camera angles, which for me means anything other than eye-level.  I like crisp, high contrast  images. I crop my images to use Golden Rule, Thirds, and other subject positions.

I suggest looking at images you like and considering how they placed the subject, what they did with background, and the overall contrast and brightness of the image. Often what makes an image is the use for foreground and background depth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now that the Firestorm Bakes on Mesh viewer is out, I've been playing with it this morning.

Maitreya/V-Tech/Catwa Margeaux, skin is my old Elysium Elias skin that I used to wear before I went mesh. Stripes are a tattoo layer from Even-Tide.

I really wasn't expecting it to look this good. Holy moly, this skin is ten years old and I think it's my favourite again.

bakesonmesh_001.thumb.png.4e6a41cb6931fdc7a90e8263ed69760f.png

bakesonmesh_002.thumb.png.d88f028d5a30228bd877fd0d2d29c738.png

Nice little unexpected touch, the bake layers apply to my arm mod as well, which looks much better than before.

• Like 20