Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

11 hours ago, BelindaN said:

And before that gathering, a nice clean image of Skye with me relaxing on the sofa...…… Phew!

It's a really beautiful shot, Belinda. You've managed to create and differentiate 4 absolutely gorgeous avatars, while I'm still struggling to manage 1 and 1/2.

I have to admit, though, that I have become fixated on the fact that Skye is wearing her heels on the couch.

799200449_HeelsonCouch-Blank.JPG.5f91bb62d69f0f7550a98368b65c34c8.JPG

*Cue Scylla running in looking flustered and flabbergasted, waving arms about frantically*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

My Firestorm graphics are set to High-Ultra (one step down from Ultra) and with everything checked (except Avatar Cloth) and antialiasing at 8x

Interesting!

I almost always have mine set to Ultra -- which can, depending on where I am, cause a bit of churn. I also have antialiasing at 16x. I'm wondering now, given how superb your shots always are, whether I am not unnecessarily overdoing it.

Also . . . what is "Avatar Cloth" anyway?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Also . . . what is "Avatar Cloth" anyway?

I believe it enables a sort of physics for system clothing layers that let them move slightly with the wind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

I believe it enables a sort of physics for system clothing layers that let them move slightly with the wind. 

Wait, what?

Why can't we have that for mesh?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Did it ever work?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, what?

Because mesh is synonymous with super glue  :(

• Haha 3

Laura "Red" Dallin. Amanda's evil pirate twin.  We seldom do family photos.  She's had to wear the eye patch since our last family get together.

48791831117_4c99c4b448_h.jpg

48791830697_098470eb83_h.jpg

48791685961_20cdbbf8b5_h.jpg

48791323003_396c39c7fc_h.jpg

Thanks again Laika.  That worked perfectly.

• Like 26

5 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Did it ever work?

I don't think it ever did. I remember toggling it on and off, and seeing no difference at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's a really beautiful shot, Belinda. You've managed to create and differentiate 4 absolutely gorgeous avatars, while I'm still struggling to manage 1 and 1/2.

I have to admit, though, that I have become fixated on the fact that Skye is wearing her heels on the couch.

799200449_HeelsonCouch-Blank.JPG.5f91bb62d69f0f7550a98368b65c34c8.JPG

*Cue Scylla running in looking flustered and flabbergasted, waving arms about frantically*

Thing is....would you dare mention it to her? Haha

And thanks for the compliment about my sisters.  Truth is, it seems to come naturally, which is astonishing, especially to me!!!  Skye fell into place in two days. That was because I didn't have a Genus strong head, so that was a given, and the hair was part of the initial system Avi I bought, and just looks so right on Skye. I never realised brunettes had so much fun :)

Free tuition is available.....😊

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, what?

I have seen mesh dresses advertising this (moving in the wind etc) -  I even think I bought some of them, have to dig them out and test :)

Arcane Spellcaster... They  SAY their stuff moves with the wind at least, will test later

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/bag-Dress-Serena-BENTO-WCH-Arcane-Spellcaster-Ak-Creations/15127925

(First one I found on the MP, quite sure it is another one from the same designer I’ve got...)

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

This dress by Ison is bento animated and looks like it’s blowing in the wind.

I have another dress, also by Ison, that has a detachable animated cape that similarly moves. (It also has a version without the animation.) I don't tend to wear it with the cape much.

• Like 2

Oh look. A picture of Scylla looking moody.

What is it that Dorothy Parker said of Katherine Hepburn? That she "delivered a striking performance that ran the gamut of emotions, from A to B"?

The-Chairs-Blank.thumb.png.790b8712575b00f8ee3c496aade5c5fa.png

• Like 30

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have another dress, also by Ison, that has a detachable animated cape that similarly moves. (It also has a version without the animation.) I don't tend to wear it with the cape much.

Ooh fun! I need more capes in my SLife. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eva Knoller said:

Ooh fun! I need more capes in my SLife. 😀

I should say "capes": they sort of float behind your shoulders. I've forgotten the name of the dress offhand: I'll send it to you next time I'm in-world!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pfffft. Blondes have better quality fun.

Reds bring the fun to every one around them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

On 9/25/2019 at 6:06 AM, Eva Knoller said:

This dress by Ison is bento animated and looks like it’s blowing in the wind. 

On 9/25/2019 at 5:03 AM, Angelina String said:

I have seen mesh dresses advertising this (moving in the wind etc) -  I even think I bought some of them, have to dig them out and test :)

Arcane Spellcaster... They  SAY their stuff moves with the wind at least, will test later

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/bag-Dress-Serena-BENTO-WCH-Arcane-Spellcaster-Ak-Creations/15127925

(First one I found on the MP, quite sure it is another one from the same designer I’ve got...)

These are Animesh. XO hero costumes also use Animesh for the capes.

Caribbean-Curse.jpg?1540401084

"Cape bento animated"

As for standard outfits, I'd like to see more like this [edit to clarify: like those shown above by other commenters], but the effect really needs to be super-subtle or it could look really silly after more than 30 seconds or so.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2