Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, BelindaN said:

And before that gathering, a nice clean image of Skye with me relaxing on the sofa...…… Phew!

It's a really beautiful shot, Belinda. You've managed to create and differentiate 4 absolutely gorgeous avatars, while I'm still struggling to manage 1 and 1/2.

I have to admit, though, that I have become fixated on the fact that Skye is wearing her heels on the couch.

799200449_HeelsonCouch-Blank.JPG.5f91bb62d69f0f7550a98368b65c34c8.JPG

*Cue Scylla running in looking flustered and flabbergasted, waving arms about frantically*

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

My Firestorm graphics are set to High-Ultra (one step down from Ultra) and with everything checked (except Avatar Cloth) and antialiasing at 8x

Interesting!

I almost always have mine set to Ultra -- which can, depending on where I am, cause a bit of churn. I also have antialiasing at 16x. I'm wondering now, given how superb your shots always are, whether I am not unnecessarily overdoing it.

Also . . . what is "Avatar Cloth" anyway?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Also . . . what is "Avatar Cloth" anyway?

I believe it enables a sort of physics for system clothing layers that let them move slightly with the wind. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

I believe it enables a sort of physics for system clothing layers that let them move slightly with the wind. 

Wait, what?

Why can't we have that for mesh?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I believe it enables a sort of physics for system clothing layers that let them move slightly with the wind. 

Did it ever work?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, what?

Why can't we have that for mesh?

Because mesh is synonymous with super glue  :(

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laura "Red" Dallin. Amanda's evil pirate twin.  We seldom do family photos.  She's had to wear the eye patch since our last family get together.

48791831117_4c99c4b448_h.jpg

48791830697_098470eb83_h.jpg

48791685961_20cdbbf8b5_h.jpg

48791323003_396c39c7fc_h.jpg

 

Thanks again Laika.  That worked perfectly.

  • Like 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Did it ever work?

I don't think it ever did. I remember toggling it on and off, and seeing no difference at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's a really beautiful shot, Belinda. You've managed to create and differentiate 4 absolutely gorgeous avatars, while I'm still struggling to manage 1 and 1/2.

I have to admit, though, that I have become fixated on the fact that Skye is wearing her heels on the couch.

799200449_HeelsonCouch-Blank.JPG.5f91bb62d69f0f7550a98368b65c34c8.JPG

*Cue Scylla running in looking flustered and flabbergasted, waving arms about frantically*

Thing is....would you dare mention it to her? Haha

And thanks for the compliment about my sisters.  Truth is, it seems to come naturally, which is astonishing, especially to me!!!  Skye fell into place in two days. That was because I didn't have a Genus strong head, so that was a given, and the hair was part of the initial system Avi I bought, and just looks so right on Skye. I never realised brunettes had so much fun :)

Free tuition is available.....😊

 

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, what?

Why can't we have that for mesh?

I have seen mesh dresses advertising this (moving in the wind etc) -  I even think I bought some of them, have to dig them out and test :)

Arcane Spellcaster... They  SAY their stuff moves with the wind at least, will test later

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/bag-Dress-Serena-BENTO-WCH-Arcane-Spellcaster-Ak-Creations/15127925

(First one I found on the MP, quite sure it is another one from the same designer I’ve got...)

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

This dress by Ison is bento animated and looks like it’s blowing in the wind.

I have another dress, also by Ison, that has a detachable animated cape that similarly moves. (It also has a version without the animation.) I don't tend to wear it with the cape much.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look. A picture of Scylla looking moody.

What is it that Dorothy Parker said of Katherine Hepburn? That she "delivered a striking performance that ran the gamut of emotions, from A to B"?

The-Chairs-Blank.thumb.png.790b8712575b00f8ee3c496aade5c5fa.png

  • Like 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have another dress, also by Ison, that has a detachable animated cape that similarly moves. (It also has a version without the animation.) I don't tend to wear it with the cape much.

Ooh fun! I need more capes in my SLife. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eva Knoller said:

Ooh fun! I need more capes in my SLife. 😀

I should say "capes": they sort of float behind your shoulders. I've forgotten the name of the dress offhand: I'll send it to you next time I'm in-world!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pfffft. Blondes have better quality fun.

Reds bring the fun to every one around them.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have another dress, also by Ison, that has a detachable animated cape that similarly moves. (It also has a version without the animation.) I don't tend to wear it with the cape much.

 

On 9/25/2019 at 6:06 AM, Eva Knoller said:

This dress by Ison is bento animated and looks like it’s blowing in the wind. 

 

On 9/25/2019 at 5:03 AM, Angelina String said:

I have seen mesh dresses advertising this (moving in the wind etc) -  I even think I bought some of them, have to dig them out and test :)

Arcane Spellcaster... They  SAY their stuff moves with the wind at least, will test later

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/bag-Dress-Serena-BENTO-WCH-Arcane-Spellcaster-Ak-Creations/15127925

(First one I found on the MP, quite sure it is another one from the same designer I’ve got...)

These are Animesh. XO hero costumes also use Animesh for the capes.

Caribbean-Curse.jpg?1540401084

"Cape bento animated"

As for standard outfits, I'd like to see more like this [edit to clarify: like those shown above by other commenters], but the effect really needs to be super-subtle or it could look really silly after more than 30 seconds or so.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...