Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

2 hours ago, Sommerland Starostin said:

Lips are too small, lost in a sea of chin, and you don't have much upper lip to be stiff about lol. Check out some of the other guys on this post and you will see a difference. You want the illusion that when a guy speaks he has something important to say, when you're getting kissed you're getting KISSED. doesn't work with small lips. Check out some of the guys on flickr like Skip Staheli, Misery Savira, Roy Mildor, Hikaru Enimo...

Not sure that is productive but hey perfection is hard to achieve. Waiting for the backlash, personally I thought he did well but duh its subjective .

• Like 9

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's autumn! Almost!

And with the first cool breezes of the season, and the sudden pungent whiffs of pumpkin spice, whose thoughts don't turn to the goddess Demeter's mourning for the loss of her daughter Persephone?

Amirite?

Demeter-Blank.thumb.png.1e6712e6832b3ea402c685dfaa56f652.png

Let me see if I understand this. You can afford a spinet, a grandfather clock, tapestry chairs, oriental rug, and a beautiful dress... but not glass for the windows?

I mourn for the loss of your sanity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Let me see if I understand this. You can afford a spinet, a grandfather clock, tapestry chairs, oriental rug, and a beautiful dress... but not glass for the windows?

Pfft. I AM THE GODDESS OF NATURE! WHAT NEED I "GLASS"?

That, and the sashes were sticky and hard to open.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Cherish Demonge said:

Puddlechurch Cove

Ok, so first of all . . . I love your pictures. All of them. And your avatar is amazing and interesting.

I've been meaning to ask you, though: looking at your work, and that of @Marty Triellis here and, more recently, of Mind Carlberg ( https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2019/09/cajsas-daily-flickr-pick-mind-carlberg-sl-.html ) . . . is there a sort of "genre" thing going on here? If so, I'd love to learn more.

In any case, I'm really enjoying your work: very different, very cool, and very accomplished!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...mourns faster.

/me sighs

You're so deeply mired in sanity that I'm not sure there's any way to extricate you.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 4

On 9/12/2019 at 7:07 AM, Roxy Couturier said:

I've loved many of your posts Skell, but I think this is my new favorite of yours.

Thank you! 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I was trying to figure out how the wind was blowing through the window glass, since to me it looks like they are definitely closed.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was trying to figure out how the wind was blowing through the window glass, since to me it looks like they are definitely closed.

Maybe there is another window out of the frame of the picture and that window is open.  Or maybe Scylla is indeed the goddess of nature and making the wind blow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Maybe there is another window out of the frame of the picture and that window is open.  Or maybe Scylla is indeed the goddess of nature and making the wind blow.

I'm betting on option 2.   :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

More of this stunning 'impressionist' makeup from Alaskametro at Uber, plus one of Ritual's two new group gift skins:

48728863331_dd2f2637e9_h.jpg

• Like 22

I finally have proper internet!! No more piggy-backing off my phone's data allowance - Woot! \o/

And it looks like I have a lot to catch up on...you've all been busy!

Anyway, in honour of now being able to waste time inworld, here's Peony examining the little animated lorikeet I made in blender while I couldn't spend time inworld.

190727 Peony Lori.png

• Like 24

In The Heat of the Night

I wanted to go with the adventurer look with this pic. I had this whole Indiana Jones thing stuck in my head. Did not do too well, but i hope you enjoy. xD

• Like 21

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's autumn! Almost!

And with the first cool breezes of the season, and the sudden pungent whiffs of pumpkin spice, whose thoughts don't turn to the goddess Demeter's mourning for the loss of her daughter Persephone?

Amirite?

Demeter-Blank.thumb.png.1e6712e6832b3ea402c685dfaa56f652.png

Superb!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

7 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm betting on option 2.   :D

I thought you knew I was the Goddess of Nature.

Yeah . . . I actually have a version of this, which I abandoned, that had the windows open (the windows in my house don't actually open, so I had to photoshop them). I decided it looked a bit pedestrian -- sort of, "Oops left the windows open and now there are leaves on my carpet!" It felt like I needed to add a dustpan and broom, which wasn't quite the effect I was going for. I kinda wanted a "magic realism" thing instead?

But yeah . . . we can just say I left the french doors on the other side of the room open!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Amanda, you are always too cute for words. 

Unless you happen to be a pirate, of course.

In which case, she looks like sadness, death, and the iron gibbet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5