Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

14 hours ago, Catrie said:

Socialite

Love that black dress against the black drapes! ❤️ And those glasses, and that lovely Genus head of yours, and the doggy, of course: everything gorgeously color-matched.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

00304.jpg

Hehe, you got the same doggie as Catrie. :) And the color-matching on this photo is equally astounding!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

Is it just me, or are the quotations and re-posts in this thread getting all confusing? I'm not entirely guilt-free of the occasional banter or discussion, but the picture to page ratio feels as if it has dropped significantly as of late ...

Re: Orwar post.... I think some of the newer people to this thread, in particular may feel a bit chastised, as evidenced by Careolle and Kira response. So, this is my attempt to bring some clarity.

I’d like to share my experience being a frequent contributor for almost 2 years, having created over 600 photo posts, several all inclusive thread posters and personally reviewed over 20,000 posts in order to identify the Top 60 posts (Not that I’d recommend any of you put yourselves through that.) what I’ve learned is this;

The rules are basically this groups collective understanding of the rhythm, banter and overall experience we have all come to expect over the years, however subjective that may be. There is really no defined leader, no established rules or regulations that were ever set with the exception of the general forum wide modifiers like foul language, nudity etc.. set by LL.

I do however echo Orwars comment and for me it is a real concern. I’ve been a daily contributor to this thread for years and there are many of us who have been contributing to this particular thread daily since the beginning like Talli, Rhonda, Littleme, Catri, Skell etc, who are some of the original posters and followers.

This is a look at me thread, Titled: “How does your avatar look today”. This particular threads popularity and primarily it’s point, is for us as a SecondLife community, to photograph ourselves, photograph our friends and photograph our experiences in SL, and then share/post photos of our daily looks, our SL adventures, friends and families! Many of us in the process have become friends.

There have been times however, when the thread goes haywire and a bit off topic with comments going back and forth that are more appropriate in a texting string, then a photo string. In over 20,000 posts (I’ve actually have counted and been through all 8-900 pages), the tone has sometimes deviates away from photos, however within only a few pages or so, the tone of whatever subject that led the departure, always extinguished itself and we naturally drift back to its normal rhythm of primarily posting photos with comments of course, peppered in.

Many of the newer contributors to this thread are obviously not new to SL and certainly not new to other general forum threads that are primarily discussion threads, where chit chat, banter and debate is the norm, and we totally  understand and support that dynamic, in that context. However,  most will soon discover  that what makes us so unique and so successful is the emphasis on the actual artwork of yourselves and the quest to developing your SL photo skills and sharing them with us. Fun!!!! 🙂

like Orwar, many others in recent days have shared with me privately their feeling and concerns of our thread is changing in focus.

I have been sitting on the sidelines for weeks  watching and waiting to see how this would all unfold and I have been getting fearful that the threads direction is getting a bit skewed. My personal feeling is that too much commenting back and forth on multiple posts, quoting,  re-quoting  along with copious compliments (that always requires a reply’s in kind) is pushing the native experience of this thread into the realm of a typical discussion thread and away from the unique photo-centric format that’s focus is on photography of yourself/avatar/alts. There have been pages and pages of back and forth between a lot of us, that is more appropriate as a private conversation then public discussion. 

My advise to anyone new to this thread is to watch for a while until you begin to understand the personalities and styles. Dip your toes in by posting photos of you! Don’t worry, we are a super supportive community here. Ask relevant questions either in public or use the forum email to have a more I depth conversation with us! We love 💕 to support you in anyway we can.  Quote when someone posts photos that are really inspiring or amazing, “like” posts, post your photos, and just be SENSITIVE  about not DOMINATING the conversation and SPAMMING the thread.

For newbies... go learn, observe the thread, buy poses, practice lighting and shooting techniques etc, meet-up with some of us in world and shoot more and start posting pictures of yourself weekly or daily... then, you will gain broad support and a collective desire for us to connect, advise and share with you in your progress and growth. 

I hope everyone reading this far hears this in a positive and forwarding way. I’d love nothing more then to become a fan of EVERYONE here! Anyone can get to a Skell or Scylla level here, but it just takes time, patience and work, work work.

Thanks for listening... I know this was long winded, awkward and hoping I didn’t step on too many toes. 😬

Hugs, S 💕

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I'm moving soon.

I don't know if I'll be able to log into SL. I hope I will but at the moment I don't know if I'll have internet at all.

So  this might be the last photo in a while.

Thinking In The Sunrise

Edited by NightDreamer09
  • Like 20
  • Sad 6

10 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Re: Orwar post.... I think some of the newer people to this thread, in particular may feel a bit chastised, as evidenced by Careolle and Kira response. So, this is my attempt to bring some clarity.

I’d like to share my experience being a frequent contributor for almost 2 years, having created over 600 photo posts, several all inclusive thread posters and personally reviewed over 20,000 posts in order to identify the Top 60 posts (Not that I’d recommend any of you put yourselves through that.) what I’ve learned is this;

The rules are basically this groups collective understanding of the rhythm, banter and overall experience we have all come to expect over the years, however subjective that may be. There is really no defined leader, no established rules or regulations that were ever set with the exception of the general forum wide modifiers like foul language, nudity etc.. set by LL.

I do however echo Orwars comment and for me it is a real concern. I’ve been a daily contributor to this thread for years and there are many of us who have been contributing to this particular thread daily since the beginning like Talli, Rhonda, Littleme, Catri, Skell etc, who are some of the original posters and followers.

This is a look at me thread, Titled: “How does your avatar look today”. This particular threads popularity and primarily it’s point, is for us as a SecondLife community, to photograph ourselves, photograph our friends and photograph our experiences in SL, and then share/post photos of our daily looks, our SL adventures, friends and families! Many of us in the process have become friends.

There have been times however, when the thread goes haywire and a bit off topic with comments going back and forth that are more appropriate in a texting string, then a photo string. In over 20,000 posts (I’ve actually have counted and been through all 8-900 pages), the tone has sometimes deviates away from photos, however within only a few pages or so, the tone of whatever subject that led the departure, always extinguished itself and we naturally drift back to its normal rhythm of primarily posting photos with comments of course, peppered in.

Many of the newer contributors to this thread are obviously not new to SL and certainly not new to other general forum threads that are primarily discussion threads, where chit chat, banter and debate is the norm, and we totally  understand and support that dynamic, in that context. However,  most will soon discover  that what makes us so unique and so successful is the emphasis on the actual artwork of yourselves and the quest to developing your SL photo skills and sharing them with us. Fun!!!! 🙂

like Orwar, many others in recent days have shared with me privately their feeling and concerns of our thread is changing in focus.

I have been sitting on the sidelines for weeks  watching and waiting to see how this would all unfold and I have been getting fearful that the threads direction is getting a bit skewed. My personal feeling is that too much commenting back and forth on multiple posts, quoting,  re-quoting  along with copious compliments (that always requires a reply’s in kind) is pushing the native experience of this thread into the realm of a typical discussion thread and away from the unique photo-centric format that’s focus is on photography of yourself/avatar/alts. There have been pages and pages of back and forth between a lot of us, that is more appropriate as a private conversation then public discussion. 

My advise to anyone new to this thread is to watch for a while until you begin to understand the personalities and styles. Dip your toes in by posting photos of you! Don’t worry, we are a super supportive community here. Ask relevant questions either in public or use the forum email to have a more I depth conversation with us! We love 💕 to support you in anyway we can.  Quote when someone posts photos that are really inspiring or amazing, “like” posts, post your photos, and just be SENSITIVE  about not DOMINATING the conversation and SPAMMING the thread.

For newbies... go learn, observe the thread, buy poses, practice lighting and shooting techniques etc, meet-up with some of us in world and shoot more and start posting pictures of yourself weekly or daily... then, you will gain broad support and a collective desire for us to connect, advise and share with you in your progress and growth. 

I hope everyone reading this far hears this in a positive and forwarding way. I’d love nothing more then to become a fan of EVERYONE here! Anyone can get to a Skell or Scylla level here, but it just takes time, patience and work, work work.

Thanks for listening... I know this was long winded, awkward and hoping I didn’t step on too many toes. 😬

Hugs, S 💕

So, ppl 'may feel a bit chastised, as evidenced by Careolle and Kira response'?! Wow. There I was, thinking it was Orwar chastising ppl like me, out of the blue, for being supportive, whereas he just wanted to see pictures; and all the time it was apparently me. Well, let me just say your post surprises me, and leave it at that.

I will go back to lurking now too.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

I love those shots at diner and/or gas station! ❤️ You posted one yesterday too, where the red hair almost blended in with the soda dispenser. :) Loved it too. 👍

Thank  you they  are at the Mother Road  sim

• Like 5

Pandemonium

Pew pew?

• Like 27

3 hours ago, NightDreamer09 said:

I'm moving soon.

I don't know if I'll be able to log into SL. I hope I will but at the moment I don't know if I'll have internet at all.

So  this might be the last photo in a while.

I'm so sorry to hear this! As I know I've told you before, I love your style, and I love your pictures; in all seriousness, there are a few of them that impressed themselves upon me so much that they'll recur to my mind when I'm taking my own shots. And, you're also one of the community here. If you're gone, you will be missed.

I know I'm not alone in hoping that your worries about internet prove baseless, and that you're back here, posting more great pics of your lovely avi, soon.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, MarissaOrloff said:

Setting up a new head.

marissa01.png

This image is so striking in detail, and also so similar to my look, that I just had to take a pop...……..I didn't max the graphics, just my normal good setting, and a simple B&W filter and here's the result...…...

I think we may be related ;)

SL43 (2).png

• Like 22

And my good friend Tati also treated me this week to a laced catsuit...………….so thankyou thankyou!!!!!!!!! :)

SL51.png

• Like 22

Posted (edited)

Weeee!

I got some lessons on lighting and all that fun jazz from NO-chan! 83

Hur's a pic I snapped from the lesson. 💛 And I'm all dressed up for my Steampunk RP meetup. n.nMura_021_519.thumb.jpg.42c3cc1295b9f03d3c9bf9df1bf00a8c.jpg

Thanks, @Orwar!

((Oh, also, here's dat Flickr. I finally set one up. >>; It's still being put together, but it's thar. n.n; ))

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 30

7 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

Weeee!

Hur's a pic I snapped from the lesson. 💛 And I'm all dressed up for my Steampunk RP meetup. n.nMura_021_519.thumb.jpg.42c3cc1295b9f03d3c9bf9df1bf00a8c.jpg

Thanks, @Orwar!

((Oh, also, here's dat Flickr. I finally set one up. >>; It's still being put together, but it's thar. n.n; ))

Excellent work. Your skin is so glow-y and the avi really pops out of the image. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Momo.png

Had to steal a snap, too!

• Like 23

22 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

Weeee!

Thanks, @Orwar!

Love the outfit, and I know who made those glasses xD.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Excellent work. Your skin is so glow-y and the avi really pops out of the image. 

Thank you! ^^

((Not that I did anything besides stand there and bombard newb questions. xD.))

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Love the outfit, and I know who made those glasses xD.

Thanks! ^^

Dem glasses, tho, riiiight?! D=

Like...I gacha'd...forever...for that color. n.n;

• Like 5