How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

The way to shop in MP, and this works well for hair, and better if you specify one seller, is to set the filter at high value...over 1k.

That way you'll get just a few pages of fatpacks. If you find a hair you like, usually along the bottom of that fatpack style page are the individual colour groups.

It saves a huge amount of time.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 5

Is it just me, or are the quotations and re-posts in this thread getting all confusing? I'm not entirely guilt-free of the occasional banter or discussion, but the picture to page ratio feels as if it has dropped significantly as of late ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Is it just me, or are the quotations and re-posts in this thread getting all confusing? I'm not entirely guilt-free of the occasional banter or discussion, but the picture to page ratio feels as if it has dropped significantly as of late ...

When I compliment someone on their picture, I do so quoting the image as well (otherwise it's pointless). I'm not likely going to change that, sorry.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

It may not be just you, but it certainly isn't me. I like the conversations and the context of reposting photos with comments, personally. However, if that is all frowned on here, I can certainly just post pics (or not) and STFU. Either is fine with me, I mostly just lurk anyhow. I do love the looks people post, so many are amazing, and I love the personality shown in them.

Perhaps some forum rules would be nice, or a link to whichever of the 800-some-odd pages that covers them would be helpful for new people like me who don't know the culture and norms here, and who are too lazy to read all 800-some-odd (I did read the first few, before I first posted in this thread to see what the context was, but did not see any such rules or norms). -Caer

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

It may not be just you, but it certainly isn't me. I like the conversations and the context of reposting photos with comments, personally. However, if that is all frowned on here, I can certainly just post pics (or not) and STFU. Either is fine with me, I mostly just lurk anyhow. I do love the looks people post, so many are amazing, and I love the personality shown in them.

Perhaps some forum rules would be nice, or a link to whichever of the 800-some-odd pages that covers them would be helpful for new people like me who don't know the culture and norms here, and who are too lazy to read all 800-some-odd (I did read the first few, before I first posted in this thread to see what the context was, but did not see any such rules or norms). -Caer

This is one of those occassions where I wish could give a 'Like' and a 'Thank you.'

Personally, tbh, I was taken aback a little by Orwar's post. :( I was just thinking we were all just having a good time. Apparently not. And I really do love to compliment ppl on what they did, as showing appreciation for people's work, and maybe even shortly mention why,  is a huge part of it for me. I frequently do so in any of the Linden Homes threads too; and, like I said, I will not change that.

And I hope you will continue to do more than just lurk here. You bring  a very positive influence to everyone you support, and you make lovely avis to boot. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

please don't.  Love the look... and btw, what skin is that?  I love how 'unhostile' he looks -- too many guys look like they want to hurt someone... my boy toy needs this skin and maybe to steal other aspects of this look. Not every boy needs to look like an assassin with blisters on both feet.

Oh, I was just making fun of the "delete later" meme. Hehe.  And thank you.  My skin is from LURE: Cain skin - Oak

As for the rest of my look...

Eye make up is Booty's Beauty Omega Eyeshadow ~ Simple Smokey Eye.

Hair is Vango - Kevin

Eyes are from Poetic Colors

Nail polish is from Koffin Nails

Fur crop jacket is from Abrasive (gacha)

Necklace is from The Forge

Pants are Harrison jeans from Riot.  (There's a 50% off sale going on right now.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Perhaps some forum rules would be nice, or a link to whichever of the 800-some-odd pages that covers them would be helpful for new people like me who don't know the culture and norms here, and who are too lazy to read all 800-some-odd (I did read the first few, before I first posted in this thread to see what the context was, but did not see any such rules or norms).

There aren't any. In Nostoll's first post, there was no text at all, just pictures. The amount of banter is a trending issue that comes and goes, and there have been instances in the past when others have voiced an opinion on it. It's a bit like this thread vs. the Vanity Thread; there's no 'official' distinction between the two, and what the perceived differences are can also vary depending on whom you ask. Whose idea of what the 'culture' is, is the correct one?

I know it isn't just me though, several of the people I speak to regularly in-world have brought up that there's too much chatter and re-posts. Some have even said that they're reluctant to post as they're afraid people won't like their picture as much as others', or that no one will see their picture because there are 3 quotes, with picture, of someone else's picture. It's a frequent theme of the thread; people don't dare post pictures, and no one wants to make others feel uncomfortable, and generally everyone is very supportive of newbies - but at the same time, there is a lot of bias, and perceived exclusion and elitism going on.

I can't keep up with the thread at all times, and I've often felt guilty about the distribution of my 'likes'; in a perfect world, I'd like everyone's every picture, but browsing the thread to find every new picture when there can be several new pages in a matter of hours. Whilst I do go back to see what I've missed most of the time, I find that the constant re-posting of the same picture is distracting me from the purpose of looking at everyone's new, individual pictures. I try my best to at least like the pictures of those who've liked mine as not to seem ungrateful, and if I know that if any given person never likes my pictures, but also likes others', then I don't tend to like theirs either. I often consider just ceasing the liking-game altogether.

And, because I'm opposed to straying too far off the topic, here's an unedited, caught-in-the-AO snapshot of how my avatar looks today:

Snapshot_137.thumb.png.af6e0b45fe97161356741a8ccba71860.png

• Like 23

14 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There aren't any. In Nostoll's first post, there was no text at all, just pictures. The amount of banter is a trending issue that comes and goes, and there have been instances in the past when others have voiced an opinion on it. It's a bit like this thread vs. the Vanity Thread; there's no 'official' distinction between the two, and what the perceived differences are can also vary depending on whom you ask. Whose idea of what the 'culture' is, is the correct one?

I know it isn't just me though, several of the people I speak to regularly in-world have brought up that there's too much chatter and re-posts. Some have even said that they're reluctant to post as they're afraid people won't like their picture as much as others', or that no one will see their picture because there are 3 quotes, with picture, of someone else's picture. It's a frequent theme of the thread; people don't dare post pictures, and no one wants to make others feel uncomfortable, and generally everyone is very supportive of newbies - but at the same time, there is a lot of bias, and perceived exclusion and elitism going on.

I can't keep up with the thread at all times, and I've often felt guilty about the distribution of my 'likes'; in a perfect world, I'd like everyone's every picture, but browsing the thread to find every new picture when there can be several new pages in a matter of hours. Whilst I do go back to see what I've missed most of the time, I find that the constant re-posting of the same picture is distracting me from the purpose of looking at everyone's new, individual pictures. I try my best to at least like the pictures of those who've liked mine as not to seem ungrateful, and if I know that if any given person never likes my pictures, but also likes others', then I don't tend to like theirs either. I often consider just ceasing the liking-game altogether.

And, because I'm opposed to straying too far off the topic, here's an unedited, caught-in-the-AO snapshot of how my avatar looks today:

So as not to be accused of reposting, I removed your picture. 😛 

Seriously, though, looks like you're making way more out of this than, say, I do. I just love to compliment ppl on their stuff (and that inevitably involves quoting their post with image). And I think ppl secretly hope others will like their creations (or maybe not even so secretly: what's wrong with ppl wanting others to like their stuff?). I'm not an artist myself, nor even a photographer, and I've only posted like maybe 2 or 3 images here. And I've never been afraid people won't like my picture as much as that of others. I'm ere the opposite: often very much in awe of what others do (perhaps sometimes even a bit too much). Some ppl are just very good!

Also, not sure where you're getting any alleged 'elitism' from; nor 'perceived exclusion', for that matter. Like you said yourself, "generally everyone is very supportive of newbies." This is really the part where I feel you're being overly heavy-handed about this. You're simply seeing things I don't see at all. Are there regulars on this thread? Sure; so what?! That doesn't make for 'elitism.' Let alone 'exclusion.'

Like I said earlier, I am not going to stop complimenting ppl on their pictures. Unless a Linden steps in, saying 'From here on in, pictures only.' Otherwis, I'm simply going to continue being supportive of ppl and their work -- because I love doing it; and I don't think the ones I compliment. mind much either.

And, way I figure this, should a picture be reposted, because someone felt they wanted to compliment them on it, then it was probably worth seeing twice.

• Like 4