How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A totally unartsie snap of me taking a bit of a break from setting up my new kitchen.

Why did no one tell me? This house decorating thing is hard work!

I'm also coming to realize that 1) my new house is HUGE, 2) I don't own nearly enough in the way of furnishings, and 3) my copious and spacious kitchen cupboards are conspicuous by the absence of food, plates, and cutlery, and pots and pans and stuff. I'll either have to buy some of this stuff, or fill them with, oh, I don't know . . . spare body parts?

Gotta give it some thought.

Also, 4) why the hell didn't I hire a contractor and interior decorator?

Kitchen-Makeover-Blank.thumb.png.723f015121d885040985982455f27f61.png

I have that same kitchen from AF, and I went the spare body part route. Looks great! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, would you rather be Hans Christian Anderson's tragic little mermaid? Or a terrifying and powerful kelpie/sea witch/siren?

Or perhaps you're like me, and just don't much like getting wet?

well, I am definitely not the Andersen's mermaid, but I hoped to keep the sea witch part in secret. 

oh and btw I LOVE TO DECORATE! :D 

Edited by Kotelle
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I told you! There's a fabulous business opportunity for an ambitious pro-shopper!

but then I have to deal with stupid people who don't listen!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????

OMG that's stupid.

Time to get the torches and pitchforks gang together. Just send us the appropriate SLURL.

No freaking idea.  I bought the new Chop Zuey set, from e-Bento, and it's full bright, too!!  I can't mod that, either.   Orwar said it looks like something from 2008. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm also coming to realize that 1) my new house is HUGE, 2) I don't own nearly enough in the way of furnishings, and 3) my copious and spacious kitchen cupboards are conspicuous by the absence of food, plates, and cutlery, and pots and pans and stuff. I'll either have to buy some of this stuff, or fill them with, oh, I don't know . . . spare body parts?

Don't have cupboards with glass doors and nobody knows they are empty.  Filling them takes precious LI - just toss a body part or two on the counter instead.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Scylla,  you could get some textures of pots and pans and canned goods and such to put behind the glass doors.  That way it won't take muck LI.  

Full Bright pants.  Why?  

You need some 2008 bling jewelry to go with those.

Don't forget the flashing shoes!

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

So this is entirely off topic, but I have been seeing Life is Strange on our Game Pass (which the adults use more than the kid 😜) and downloaded it to try out after seeing that your avi is based on the character.

Also, lovely picture!

I can highly recommend the game! It will tug at your heart strings, though, so be prepared!

And thanks for your comment about the picture. 💎

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A totally unartsie snap of me taking a bit of a break from setting up my new kitchen.

Why did no one tell me? This house decorating thing is hard work!

Also, 4) why the hell didn't I hire a contractor and interior decorator?

Kitchen-Makeover-Blank.thumb.png.723f015121d885040985982455f27f61.png

Lovely, as always! ❤️ Love the light falling in. Truly wonderful 'snap'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

While we're at it, LOL, you wouldn't happen to know some good Photoshop filters, would you? It seems every year they put even few things in it. I got Photoshop CC 2019, and the Lighting Effects are almost criminally barren. :( So, I figured I try Lightroom; even worse: all it is capable of, it seems, is to collect photos. What a cr*pware!

There are lots of filters for Photoshop. In my experience they are only worth the money if you need to speed up your production work.

Both PS and Lr have a ton of filter controls and very versatile lighting tools. I use PS way more than Lr. I tend to make some corrections with Camera Raw then use the PS basics and finalize with another Camera Raw pass. 

Images coming from a viewer are never in need of PS Lens Correction.

The Adjustment Layer -> Photo Filter... has a stack of filters for tweaking images.  The Filter -> Filter Gallery has 52 basic filters all with a number of controls to tweak. Using these in combination provides most of the effects I see in retail filter sets.

Lightroom is for organizing images. BUT... it has a number of sections for working with images. Look in the Develope section. It is very similar to Camera Raw. You have HLS/Color, Split Toning, Lens Correction, Transform, Effects, and Calibration. Its main use is bulk processing film roll images for magazines and books. Also, many photographers use it for their primary image editor.

If you are looking for an automated "make me a pretty picture', Adobe is the wrong set of tools. Adobe Photoshop is more for creative things like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qegjgAt89EE

https://youtu.be/K3rWdt7g-To?t=279

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kotelle said:

well, I am definitely not the Andersen's mermaid, but I hoped to keep the sea witch part in secret. 

oh and btw I LOVE TO DECORATE! :D 

Why, at least you had the foresight to keep your legs, as mermaid. 😍 Remember that beautiful 'soy' seashell you posted a picture of? I tried to sit on it too, with my mermaid, then realized, what with the tail and all, sitting was going to be, well... problematic. 😛 (SciFi geek flashback, HAL 9000: "Without your legs, Kira, you're going to find that rather difficult.")

Never mind me, lol, just rambling a bit. :) 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

There are lots of filters for Photoshop. In my experience they are only worth the money if you need to speed up your production work.

Both PS and Lr have a ton of filter controls and very versatile lighting tools. I use PS way more than Lr. I tend to make some corrections with Camera Raw then use the PS basics and finalize with another Camera Raw pass. 

Images coming from a viewer are never in need of PS Lens Correction.

The Adjustment Layer -> Photo Filter... has a stack of filters for tweaking images.  The Filter -> Filter Gallery has 52 basic filters all with a number of controls to tweak. Using these in combination provides most of the effects I see in retail filter sets.

Lightroom is for organizing images. BUT... it has a number of sections for working with images. Look in the Develope section. It is very similar to Camera Raw. You have HLS/Color, Split Toning, Lens Correction, Transform, Effects, and Calibration. Its main use is bulk processing film roll images for magazines and books. Also, many photographers use it for their primary image editor.

If you are looking for an automated "make me a pretty picture', Adobe is the wrong set of tools. Adobe Photoshop is more for creative things like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qegjgAt89EE

https://youtu.be/K3rWdt7g-To?t=279

Thank you for the nice explanations. :) 

One of my all-time favorite plugins, for Photoshop CS3, was Auto FX Software – Mystical Lighting. You could add such wonderful light effects/beams/colors, etc., all in one fell swoop. I suppose you can try and recreate some of those effects with the Lighting Effects, but those really feel like a severe degradation of what used to be available. Then there's filters to change your image into like an oil canvas. Cute, but not really very useful for every day. As a school art teacher once said, "It's always about the light!"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Taya and I visiting Times Square to catch @Skell Dagger and @Kotelle new Broadway shows! So very exciting!!!!

Sara Time Square.jpg

It's funny to think that Times Square NY is probably the only place outside of SL where we blend right in!!! 💘

To answer a few questions about this composition....no big surprise... definitely a PS project. Basically 3 core layers, Taya and myself shot at her photo studio against a black background. A rl screenshot of Times Square from a perspective closely matching the angle of the shot of us, and a sunset sky. I erased the black background from our shot, erased the blue sky from the Times Square shot, the basically layered in all three. The only other significant tweaking was to 1- Add a shadow to us by duplicating our layer and free transforming it to lay flat on the ground, then remove all color so that becomes a black figure, bluring that image then reducing the opacity to 10%...shadow! 2- Added the screen shots of Skell and Kotelle from recent posts of theirs (free transforming the shapes to fit the billboards, plus added Skells name with an outer glow applied). Finally, using the Dodge tool with Highlight set to about 25% hit various parts of the Time Square photo to brighten it up. Like the white puppet/bear or ?? the various handbags, the signs etc... that popped the background photo, so it feels as if the color profiles matched us. That was also the reason for replacing the sky... I needed something darker and way more colorful to fit our clothes and to give the scene a more vibrant feel...so sunset sky with those amazing clouds fit in here perfectly. Our composition and posing fit in perfectly...happy accident :)

I was actually was super happy the way it came out! Almost looks like a great SL SIM. I wish we could actually wander around here!

THANK YOU TAYA!!!! (Angelina String) 

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

To answer a few questions about this composition....no big surprise... definitely a PS project. Basically 3 core layers, Taya and myself shot at her photo studio against a black background. A rl screenshot of Times Square from a perspective closely matching the angle of the shot of us, and a sunset sky. I erased the black background from our shot, erased the blue sky from the Times Square shot, the basically layered in all three. The only other significant tweaking was to 1- Add a shadow to us by duplicating our layer and free transforming it to lay flat on the ground, then remove all color so that becomes a black figure, bluring that image then reducing the opacity to 10%...shadow! 2- Added the screen shots of Skell and Kotelle from recent posts of theirs (free transforming the shapes to fit the billboards, plus added Skells name with an outer glow applied). Finally, using the Dodge tool with Highlight set to about 25% hit various parts of the Time Square photo to brighten it up. Like the white puppet/bear or ?? the various handbags, the signs etc... that popped the background photo, so it feels as if the color profiles matched us. That was also the reason for replacing the sky... I needed something darker and way more colorful to fit our clothes and to give the scene a more vibrant feel...so sunset sky with those amazing clouds fit in here perfectly. Our composition and posing fit in perfectly...happy accident :)

I was actually was super happy the way it came out! Almost looks like a great SL SIM. I wish we could actually wander around here!

THANK YOU TAYA!!!! (Angelina String) 

I have to say, both you and Angelina String did a superb job on these images! 👍 From going shopping together, to this wonderful Photoshop composition, it's been a delight seeing you both (in action). ❤️ Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Exploring the Eden regions (wearing almost nothing).

It seems that there's some mass exodus going on. Lots of parcels show as yellow on the map. Not long ago all parcels were rented.
Same thing is happening in the Fruit Island regions (which are south from the Eden regions).

2019-08-14_pose.thumb.jpg.d2836ead5f0909fc9acbe1c6ca015270.jpg

• Like 28

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Once you find all the answer they change the questions. 

Like I said a few days ago, each day on here shows me I know less than the day before. Eventually I'll realise I don't know anything.

Oh, that will be when the unknown unknowns are all known unknowns. Coming soon on this channel....haha.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1